seattle noob

enginerd

i'm a long time lurker and tuck of the month photo thief. just picked up a '94 pathy on wednesday night, and it's been in the shop getting some needed fixes now. should be able to pick up tomorrow, and start having some fun! northwest folks, hopefully you can show me what these things can do sometime...

a little about the truck:

1994 SE 4x4

white ext, grey int

all options, but with MT

appears stock, though the auto hubs were trashed and will be replaced with manuals

this truck will be a weekend toy and hopefully will be solid enough to make long ski trips with. never really been offroad, but intent to break the seal asap.

welcome, I'm in tacoma! well McChord AFB/lakewood actually. I'm sure you will find these are quite relyable as long as you take good care of em.

Have funn gettin you 4x4 cherry!

Welcome Mr E!!

this truck will be a weekend toy and hopefully will be solid enough to make long ski trips with. never really been offroad, but intent to break the seal asap.

How many miles? Make sure to read the TSB pinned at the top of the garage section about 'overfilling' the manual tranny. When was the last time the timing belt was replaced?

Do you like gladiator movies? :D

B

I'm a mechanical engineer, and work for McKinstry (HVAC & Plumbing).

The truck has 223k on it, so it needed some work to get back to right. Timing belt, all four CV joints, front hubs, and all fluids were changed at the end of last week. While I'm in deep already, it was worth it for the options I wanted, with MT, and as little rust on the frame as could be expected (there appears to be some surface rust over the rear wheels that will get attention soon). The info I found on this forum was great for my search. It's even helped with the shop already, as I was able to tell them exactly what I wanted them to focus on first.

I just hope they'll be done today!

Hmmm, gladiator movies? Why not?

I'm a mechanical engineer, and work for McKinstry (HVAC & Plumbing).

cool...I'm an ME as well but mostly a designer driving CAD packages..I've been in industry almost 3 years now (1 year in the heavy duty truck industry and almost 2 in aerospace)...

welcome once again!

The info I found on this forum was great for my search. It's even helped with the shop already, as I was able to tell them exactly what I wanted them to focus on first.

I just hope they'll be done today!

Hmmm, gladiator movies? Why not?

Nice!! Give the shop a link and have them join... :D

Do you like the smell of a men's locker room??

B

If you really want a shock, open your closet door... :ph33r:

Hey, I'm just playing movie trivia with the new member.

Here, I'll give it away completely...

Have you ever seen a grown man naked??

B

I'll post pictures after this weekend's Whistler trip, which will hopefully be much better that the only ones I have, which are from the craigs list ad. Since it should be snowing all weekend, there should be some good opportunities to test this thing out.

Can't help you with the gratuitous men's locker room thing, really not my deal. And sorry, apparently I'm more than a little slow...

*sigh*

In the movie "Airplane", those are the questions the Captain was asking little Jimmy when he visits the cockpit... :shrug:

*slinks away*

B

Your heart was in the right place B! I laughed upon going through the thread. :aok:

Welcome to NPORA! :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

OK, snow we waited for Monday to hit the mountain, and it paid off. It was bone dry Sunday afternoon, and then...

IMG_4332nolicssm.jpg

And the Pathy did great. I was very impressed. Even though the battery is now dead!