No more Rough Country UCAs? what do i do!

zeppelindrummer

Rough Country no longer carries the upper control arms for the WD21's (I've called, emailed, and live chatted them) and the Calmini UCA's are nearing the 400 dollar mark.

I remember a while back reading the threads on new UCA's and 88 recommended not getting the "4x4 parts" brand. I was wondering why?

is there a company i've been missing that has UCAs?

What do guys you recommend i do?

thanks!

I believe you have to ask Rough Country for the 92-96 Hardbody UCA's (same front end) and not tell them it is for a Pathy. Or do you mean they don't have the ones for the hardbody models? :ohno01:

The AC UCA's, apparently they do not properly correct for the ball joint angle. :shrug:

I believe Super Lift makes UCAs for the Pathys also??

B

4x4parts UCAs are no different in dimensions than stock. Therefore, they do nothing to assist with alignability or ball joint angle when you crank the T-bars. They're built strong enough, but they don't serve much purpose.

You'll have to SAS it or do what I did......

Keep your eyes peeled on Hardbody forums for a used set for sale.

As more & more people SAS their rigs,more UCA's go up for sale.

Now I'm just waiting for the weather to get nice enough for me to

lay down in my drive way without freezing to death.

I believe you have to ask Rough Country for the 92-96 Hardbody UCA's (same front end) and not tell them it is for a Pathy. Or do you mean they don't have the ones for the hardbody models? :ohno01:

B

I asked, and they said the only ucas they have are in a full 2" kit for the hardbodies..... kinda disappointin me, but i guess i'll have to look around for a used pair! i was really lookin forward to this project next week, but i guess it'll have to wait :(

if any of you guys see, have, or know of a used set let me know! i've got paypal and am dyin to get this done!

thanks all!

-zepp

hmmm... and they wont sell just the UCAs from that set anymore?? That is exactly what I called and asked for.

i could call again and ask...

it says 1.5" not 2... my bad, typo!

anyway,

are those the correct UCA's? cuz if its only gonna give me that much lift, idk if i wanna put all the trouble into gettin them

I installed some Superlift 1.5" - 3" Upper Control Arms (part number S6065) on the Pathfinder over the holidays. I paid US $215 + shipping for the arms, CDN $119 (US $85?) for the coils. The arms were ordered from Rocky Mountain Suspension Products.

First paragraph of this... :shrug:

http://www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/article/...l.jsp?id=193940

They carry them also...

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/nissan_early.htm

B

Actually, now that I think about it some more... the rough country UCA's are actually the superlift's rebranded.

(RC sells them cheaper)

http://www.superlift.com/Catalog.asp?V=273

I see they list them as 1.5"...

So I would assume that is what I got. The UCA's don't actually lift the truck, but they allow for better angles on your suspension when you crank your T-bars that high.

Someone with a WD21 could chime in annnnytime now. lol :D

i could call again and ask...

it says 1.5" not 2... my bad, typo!

anyway,

are those the correct UCA's? cuz if its only gonna give me that much lift, idk if i wanna put all the trouble into gettin them

They are correct. They'll give you 3". It is totally dependant on how high you crank your t-bars. The 2nd link B posted has the entire roughcountry kit for the HB, and it includes shocks, which will work for your truck, and from what I hear, they get good reviews.

Actually, now that I think about it some more... the rough country UCA's are actually the superlift's rebranded.

(RC sells them cheaper)

http://www.superlift.com/Catalog.asp?V=273

I see they list them as 1.5"...

So I would assume that is what I got. The UCA's don't actually lift the truck, but they allow for better angles on your suspension when you crank your T-bars that high.

Someone with a WD21 could chime in annnnytime now. lol :D

Yes....same arms, powder coated. Pezzy's got it right.

They are correct. They'll give you 3". It is totally dependant on how high you crank your t-bars. The 2nd link B posted has the entire roughcountry kit for the HB, and it includes shocks, which will work for your truck, and from what I hear, they get good reviews.

siiick!!!

so ima go with the 86.5-97 HB kit from that link (I've actually run across that site multiple times, but wasn't sure if they'd work), and i'll use the JGC coils that i got off craigslist, and those shocks that came with it will work too? i was wantin to get newer shocks that are specifically for 3" of lift, so i was considering getting the calmini's, but if these will do the same, should i just go with them?

thanks for all the help guys!!

The fronts are the same size on HB and Pathy, and no different for any lift accept the Trail master.

Are you saying that ONLY the front shocks and not the rear shocks from the Rough Country lift will work on the pathfinder? That looks like a heck of a deal even if only 2 shocks fit.

Are you saying that ONLY the front shocks and not the rear shocks from the Rough Country lift will work on the pathfinder? That looks like a heck of a deal even if only 2 shocks fit.

The rears probably will, but I have no clue if they will or not, but I do the fronts will. I actually have rear shocks for an Xterra on my 93's rear :shrug: .

As Pezzy mentioned above (and Simon confirmed) Rough Country UCA's are the same as Superlift UCA's.

In fact SL makes them for RC, I know this for sure because I originally bought some RC ones but a manufacturing flaw was found in the lot that mine were from, RC referred me directly to SL for replacements. The ones they sent me were SL branded arms. The only difference is that SL's are zinc coated and RC's are powder coated.

And yes you usually do have to say that you are ordering them for a D21 Hardbody and not mention a WD21 Pathfinder at all. Hell, tell them you bent one and need replacements if that's what it takes (you bought the truck with them on it if they ask) ;)

I see that Steevo says he has some, give him a call @ Rugged Rocks and see what he can do for you too :aok:

The rears probably will, but I have no clue if they will or not, but I do the fronts will. I actually have rear shocks for an Xterra on my 93's rear :shrug: .

Great, I may go this route after I get my motor swap done on the 914 in spring.

camlini uca kit $389.95

rough country does not sell the uca's seperately, and the entire lift kit is $339 @ www.rockymountainsusp.com

personally I am going to get the superlift uca kit $278.99, 4wheelparts carries just the uca kit without having to buy the entire lift kit for the hardbody. superlifts part number for the uca kit is 6065. if you call 4wheelparts they can look it up by that number. the one by my house has 3 uca kits in stock. these are the uca's from superlift lift kit part number k297.

and please make sure to stay away from trailmasters 4" piece of garbage lift kit.