Anyone up for some light wheeling in the next couple of weekends?

unccpathfinder

time for cal mini steering?

your tie rods are at a steeper angle than mine, but i think that's because mine isn't lifted as much.

oh, and the arm on the driver side is the pitman arm. the one on the passenger side is the idler arm.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I really want to get the Calmini HD steering upgrade but its so much money in parts alone. Since all that is fawked up, Why would the tires go bald within 50 -60 miles of driving? Before hollister the alignment was off and all the tread on the inside was warn/ middle. But after it was toed in and running on the outside which had a lot of tread left. by the time I got home it was all bald.

f-1.jpg

g-1.jpg

h-1.jpg

i-1.jpg

j.jpg

i think this was after breaking the CV

l.jpg

this is the hill it was broke on

m.jpg

oh and here's some pix one of the toy guys took. he's got a good one of me and msavides. the rest are of toys.

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15...d=1#post1517129

Edited by StatutoryApe

PS Uncc, you dont happen to have a spare nissan hardbody in the back of your truck do you?

Not quite...but close...

looks like you guys had some fun and it dried out a good bit...Calico was incredibly dry as expected

Edited by unccpathfinder

does anyone know if the steering off my '87 parts pathy will fit Enjoi's HB?

I do not think they will work from an 87 pathy to a 95 hardbody. as I think it is also different from 87 pathy to 95 pathy. Let me do some checking and I will post back definitively

Mark

I do not think they will work from an 87 pathy to a 95 hardbody. as I think it is also different from 87 pathy to 95 pathy. Let me do some checking and I will post back definitively

I was mistaken. Looks like the tie rod ends both inner and outer, upper and lower ball joints, idler arm, are all compatible. The only thing that I don't think will work is the pitman arm as the steering box splines and size are larger on the 95.

The center link should work as well since the inner and outer tie rods are the same

Mark

It'd be better if you didn't have to take the pitman arm off anyway... that thing is a PITA to get off >:( had to pay a shop to put my calmini steering kit on because I couldn't get that POS off.

hmmm mine came right off, except my 91 had the larger spine shaft and calmini sent the smaller pitman arm. so I had to wait for them to ship me out the correct one.

guess it is luck of the draw

depending on when i get to stripping that truck I may or may not swap over the steering box and PA...if I don't i could sell ya the ones off of the 95...i'm thinking i'll swap over but i just dont know yet...depends on how much more work that is...in fact i may have a PA and idler arm off of a 94 sitting in the garage somewhere...but the CL is missing

hmmm mine came right off, except my 91 had the larger spine shaft and calmini sent the smaller pitman arm. so I had to wait for them to ship me out the correct one.

guess it is luck of the draw

OMG they did that to me too! except my truck was up in the air in a shop with no steering...... they weren't happy with me... thx calmini

Edited by JoeBob

OMG they did that to me too! except my truck was up in the air in a shop with no steering...... they weren't happy with me... thx calmini

luckily the pitman arm was one of the first things I took off. I realized right away that the size was different. and just put it back on. I then waited until the next weekend and then finished the work

Finally uploaded my videos from the first weekend. Copy and paste from the pic and vid thread:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" wmode="transparent" style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="">

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" wmode="transparent" style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="">