MicroCabin Filter

vanuatoo

Hello

I've got 2003 SE.

I've looked into the maintenance schedule and it says that I should change Microcabin filter in every 12 months

and also there is a asterisk saying that that feature might be optional.

How should I check if my car has that filter and where it's located?

Instructions say that one should remove negative battery cable.

Why is it necessary?

B7200-00003_inst_pg1.gif

Also on this image I clearly see where 4 screws are located but the image is unclear when pointing to the middle up 2 screws.

My guess is that 2 middle up screws are located side by side on the same line as the outer ones. So we've got 4 on the top and 2 on the bottom.

Is that right?

• 6 months later...
Is there any other way to find out if I have in-cabin air filter without removing the glove box?

Just assume you do. It only takes like 10 minutes max to take the glovebox out. Been 8 months? :shiftyeyes:

• 3 weeks later...

when I opened up my wife's 04 SE, it wasn't obvious where the filters would go. then I saw the instructions that suggest cutting open the cooler unit. that's where I stopped and put everything back together. has anybody actually done this modification? the instructions are pretty vague and refer only to cutting out the shaded area.

B7200-00003_inst_pg2.gif

Didn't have to do any cutting on my Altima, just take off a cover and pull the filter out. Mine looked like it had never been changed from when the car was new and boy was it dirty!

Tom

Ive installed a few of them. Its not hard, and when you drop the glovebox out of the way, you can see where you need to cut. Just have a nice and sharp Exacto knife on hand. Be careful!!!