Suspension

Hey guys. I finally got a new instrument cluster and all of my gauge problems are solved. So I took it in for the inspection and it passed. Well, anyway, when I drove it on the county roads for some fun I noticed that the front end was a little wobbly and honestly it kind of scared me. So i had my grandpa look at it and he said that the Shock absorbers needed to be replaced with brand NEW ones. and that by doing so that wobbling will stop and it will handle a lot better. Does anyone know where i could get some brand new shock absorbers for my 95 XE 2WD? They need to be the exact same or pretty damn close. So any ideas?

Give the search function try here. There's a host of topics on this sort of thing and they might be able to give you an idea of what you need. Also, a little wobble down the road could mean there are more issues other than shocks. Just to prepare you. Have you checked this thread for other things to be aware of?

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19042

BTW, welcome aboard and I hope I didn't scare you too much.

Edited by jpawela

They need to be the exact same or pretty damn close.

Really? :rolleyes:

Just about every manufacturer of shocks makes one that will fit the front (and rear) of our trucks. BTW, I would almost bet money that it isn't your shocks causing your "wobble". You probably have a worn center link, tierod or idler arm bushing (maybe even ball joints) causing the wobble. So even if the shocks are bad, replacing them won't cure your issue. A quick basic way to test a shock is to push down on that corner of the vehicle, it should bounce back up, then settle level again, if the shock is bad it will continue to bounce a little rather than settling.

Could be shocks, worn swaybar end links, shot tension rod bushings, lots of things. Try to narrow it down before buying new parts, it's always a disappointment when you spend money and it doesn't fix your problem.

Does it sway side to side too much? Does it bounce too much? Does it steer funny? Only in 4WD or in 2WD? etc..