Smithk

EDIT: Read below for details

Meeting Location:

Mission Town Pantry aka Chevron

Lougheed Highway at Park Street

Tel: (604) 820-1508

Meeting Time: 0830 (AM) Jan. 4th 2009

Leaving Time: 0845ish

Wheeling Location: Sylvester Road (or where we can play in the snow!!)

Edited by Smithk

I've got the day off work so I could most likely go, might bring along a friend with a heep. Don't really know where to go, I have a mostly stock R50 thats missing bits for clearance (rear bumper, mud flaps, etc) and should have my skids on, but I still don't have the ground clearance to do anything big.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, etc. We have decided to go ahead with the New Years Run on Jan.4th please read below for details:

Meeting Location:

Mission Town Pantry aka Chevron

Lougheed Highway at Park Street

Tel: (604) 820-1508

Meeting Time: 0830 (AM)

Leaving Time: 0845ish

Wheeling Location: Sylvester Road (or where we can play in the snow!!)

Any other questions PM me prior to Saturday Jan. 3rd 2009 at 2230 (1030pm) so I can respond. Thanks and hope to see you there.

So what chance does a stock pathy with good snows have of doing this without damage? Because of the ****** weather and my lack of enclosed garage my skids won't be on yet.

Nothing to worry about Zibi..i've been up there quite a few times and never hurt my truck..worst was mebbe some bush rash. Just give Smithk plenty of room...he'll find the trouble if it's out there :)

I'm out of this one for rather obvious reasons.. but have fun and get a bunch of pics!

Oh for the hangovers.... i read this thread and thought Cool! It's about time I did a few more trails and I've got the 4th off! Then I realised... you're in the States and I'm in the UK! So coun't me out on this one it'll just be too long a day for me I'm afraid :-)

Haha Harvey you are more then welcome to join the British Columbia run on Jan.4th if you drive over the pond... plus we are not in the USA we are your countries little Dominion.

So I was reading some Jeepers on bc4x4 came accross some stuck Pathy's on Sylvester road, and then later on the road to Stave, that wouldn't have been you guys would it?

Glad I didn't come out then, if you guys got really stuck, I'd have been boned. :)

Haha Zibi that was us... it was solid ice under the snow so when we got stuck we just sunk to the ice. Then we tried to tug the other truck out, and then that one got stuck. It was a constant stuck fest... but it was fun to say the most. Will post some pictures that the girlfriend took when at home.

I can see them, but I'm logged into facebook and you're on my friendslist if that makes any difference.

Great pics though, looks like a good day. The snow in all those pics except the ones with the black pathy completely high centered don't look too bad at all. I took my truck through some pretty stupid @!*% last year in the Kootenays, and throughout the entire winter the only time I got high centered was when I tried to turn around on a trail and backed into a ditch where the snow came up over my bumper. link.

Maybe I'll grow some balls next time and come out with you guys.

Yeah, the pictures do not due it justice since once you lost momentum you began to sink down to the ice and then you know the story. Well we do other runs besides the annual new years run.

• 1 month later...
Pictures

Can someone tell me if you can see these or not? Since they are on the girlfriends face book account and this is the share link she sent.

Sorry, it wants a log in and I do not have Facebook despite my sisters constant chirping about it.

Hope you had fun anyway!