Secret Santa - Parte deux

BowTied

Ok, I will start, here are some suggestions for my secret santa:

1) 1 yr membership to Canadian Nissan Truck Club - http://cdn-ntc.ca

2) DVD: Hollywood Knights (prefer widescreen, but whatever) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080881/

3) DVD: Two Lane Blacktop (prefer widescreen, but whatever) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067893/

4) 4 - 8Gb USB thumb drive.

Thanks! WAVEY

Edited by BowTied

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Secret Santa,

Here's a little about me to help you in your choice of giving. I like dark blue so if it's a shiny dark blue I might like it Lol. I like working on my pathy but not too much into deail/cleaning and want to make it more capable off road even though it’s prolly gonna be more of a poser.

I'm not patriotic or "gung ho military" (my friends & family always seem to think I want flags and air force shirts, being in the service is enough for me I don't need more) and I'm not really a sports person. Hmm, I guess I don't know my self very well because I can't think of much more about me that would help you choose a gift. So here are some ideas;

4x4 parts blue oil cap I promise I won't loose this one.

KF554 Nissan Key Fob (it's the 2nd one about 3/4 down the page)

a recovery strap would be nice replacement for my very heavy for my recovery chains

Edited by MY1PATH

For me I could really use a tow strap, since every time one of my friends gets stuck they always want to use chain :stickwack:

Things I'm interested in:

-Computers, like madmanmike I buy from newegg and tigerdirect.

-Pathy Stuff, cleaning products or whatever. I would love an "instant rust free frame" paste :rolleyes:

If I think of anything else I'll edit this.

Edit:

Dowser reminded me...

A set of 4x4parts.com Pathfinder Vent Visors...

Edited by redfinder

LOL, I just watched that movie last night!

I'm into rockhounding, rocks and crystals, computers, books, cars, tools, electronics, and car stereo(amongst other things). I like techie gadgets that do something neat or are useful. I could use a USB memory stick, the only one I have is 512 MB. I have enough books about rocks, but a magazine subscription to Gold Prospectors and Treasure Hunters magazine would be awesome! Raunchy or sarcastic bumper stickers or decals are very welcome! I also like Dutch Bros. coffee. If anyone has one extra Lego wheel centercap for a rear wheel I'd like one. I wear a size L t-shirt. :D

Okay lets see...

I like stuff for my pathy (duh)... Any Meguiars car products eg: leather seat conditioner, car wax or the stuff that makes your wheels or dash shiny. I also could really use a recovery strap so I can pull people out of the mud and snow at school this winter :D

I love computers and any thing to do with computers. I shop a lot at newegg.com and like pretty much anything from thinkgeek.com, I love energy drinks and any thing caffeinated.

I really can't use t-shirts... I am tall and have a long back so unless you can get it in XL-T (American) or XXL-T (3rd world).

I have a Nintendo Wii and I need more "nunchuck controllers"... I also buy a lot of songs on itunes...

Yeah that is pretty much it...

I might edit this and post more later if I can think of something.

-Mike

Edited by MadManMike

*Pinned*

Good job redfinder *wonders how the eff he started it when he does not have the first post* :laugh:

Crap, I hate this time of year... people always want to know what I want when I don't even have a friggin clue what I want :crazy:

*goes to look at last years "wish list"*

Check back for an update :D

OK found it...

I'm easy.. anything will do.. or nothing at all is perfectly fine too :lol:

hmm, things that come to mind.. a mag subscription to just about any non-jeep based publication would be cool. Something with high Toyota and/or Nissan content would be best.

I could use a recovery strap (hoops not hooks) to replace the aging cheapies that I have.

A couple D-Rings (is that the right term?) for an ARB would also be welcomed.

Winning lottery numbers would be sweet... I'll even share! :D

If you can't tell this is not a strong subject for me.. the family has always hated that fact about me :laugh:

***By no means should you feel that you need or have to spend a lot***

:beer:

Pretty much unchanged, although I guess I could add a couple more possibilities to the list there...

synthetic winch line That's a bit steep on the price ;)

D-Ring/Clevis anchor point for a Class III Receiver

Nintendo Wii stuff for the kids (controller, games, etc - 11yr old boys) Used is cool

I like computer crap but am pretty mcuh set for now, will be upgrading to a good gaming-type mouse eventually and a digital TV Tuner card.

A Nissan hub nut socket would be nice to have (copied directly from Ryans list :beer:)

Tree Truck Protector/Strap would be cool

But as with last year, money figure does not really matter to me :aok:

Edited by RedPath88
Added a Tree Strap :D

My List:

- Hi-Lift Bumper Lift

- Hi-Lift Off Road Base

Check www.amazon.ca for my wishlist (Make sure you use the .ca version) - you can search by my name.

Also good, Dean Koontz books (I've only read two so far: The Darkest Evening of the Year, and Phantoms) so there is quite a few to choose from. **edit** I have added a few recommended books to my amazon wish list :)

If you can get gift certificates that work in Canada any of these would be great: Old Navy, Home Depot, Canadian Tire, Ikea.

edit 2:

Hi Santa, if you are American, I have a good one to add to my list.

I have been collecting a line of Peanuts ornaments from Hallmark for 10 years, this year is the 11th in the series. The line is called "Spotlight on Snoopy" and this year they didn't bring the line to Canada. When I asked about it in the store, the clerk said it was because it was American... which is weird, they've had a couple American themed ones in the past that came here. Anywho... Here is the linky-poo: http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...l|P1R4SO|stores

The ornament is of Snoopy & Woodstock as the statue of Liberty, which I feel is kinda fitting, as it will be a cool reminder of my trip to NYC this summer! They named it "Patriotic Pals". Thanks Santa :D

Here are some ideas for me:

A Hi-lift, about all the trail gear I'm missing besides a winch(this is a "wish" list right).

For the truck(s) about all I would want would be a horn button for a Grant GT wheel with a Nissan Logo. (Any custom steel plating stuff never hurts either.)

PlayStation3 stuff is high on my list; BluRay remote, external fan. Or a game (used is fine by me); Battlefield Bad Company, Burnout, Disgaea 3.

Computer stuff I'm set, but could probably use a 1+gig MicroSD card for my phone.

Tools; a Nissan hub nut socket would be nice to have (I'm probably not alone on that one.)

I'll edit if I think of other stuff.

Well I need engine bits :D Anything from this list (New)

part # 15241-40F00 Valve Assy-Regu

Head gaskets for a VG33 (OE type)

Head bolts (set)

Transfer shifter boot (Auto)

That's enough options :D

Oh If those are a PITA I would :wub: 2 "Do it on the rocks" Banners and a few little stickers. PM Steeevo about those.

Also Being that I'm an out of towner and talking about it with RedPath88 1st. If you want to, get his address and post it to him.

Reason is I get a few bits every now and then from USA and Scott forwards them to me (Swell guy :aok: )

So he can open it and put it in with the next lot of stuff I get (No rude shipping $$$ for SS) Just a thought.

One more thing just popped into mind as another option "Ironman" game for PC :D

Edited by TerranoNZ

Well, I've mulled over this for about a day now, and I can't think of any specific items that I want or need....so here's some general interests...

- My book collection includes: The Vehicle Dependent Expedition Guide, First Overland, Paramedic - I enjoy travel narratives, especially of the expeditionary type relating to overland travel. I also enjoy non-fiction narratives related to travel, exploration and paramedicine.

- My current iPod playlists include: Apocalyptica, Three Days Grace, Runner Runner, Kittie, Robbie Williams, Andrea Bocelli, Blake Shelton, Derek Trucks & Susan Tudeschi, Robert Randolph & The Family Band, Jeff Beck...I have very eclectic tastes in music. I basically listen to anything except modern rap and most modern pop (basically the crap they serve on XM 20...)

- I watch a LOT of movies. My DVD collection barely fits in my truck, and my NetFlix queue is over 300 movies long....so don't bother sending me a DVD. Any movie I like, I already own.

- My magazine subscriptions include: Overland Journal, National Geographic Travel, Maxim - I already get all the magazines I want.

- I don't need Pathfinder stuff, as I already have more than I know what to do with, and the Pathy is getting replaced soon.

- My basic interests include exploration, expedition, camping, overlanding, fire, making things, EMS, HAM Radio, Jessica Alba (mmmmm....SO HOT!.....yeah, if you could get me Jessica Alba for Christmas, that would be GREAT!), Autocross, TSD Road Rally....I also like food. Restaurant gift cards are good, too.

Yeah, not a whole lot of ideas there, but I don't need anything....

Edit:

But on the off-chance my secret santa is a millionaire.......Yeah, right...

Here's what I'm looking for.

Model Year 1999.5-2000, VG33, 5-Speed, 4WD, SE Model, Nissan Pathfinder.

Two Tone White with the Granite - See pic:

80172A.15.jpg

Charcoal Cloth Interior.

Must Have Features:

8-Way MANUAL adjustable Drivers seat

Drivers lumbar support

Heated Power Mirrors

Privacy Glass

Sunroof

5-Speed Manual Transmission

Fog Lights

Federal/50-State Emissions (Not California) (I can determine by VIN or number of Catalytic converters)

Adequate service documentation

Clean vehicle history

Anything else is negotiable/optional...

Might consider a 2002 VQ35 Specimen with the same specifications, provided the Butterfly/Power Valve Screw service has already been performed.

Prefer under 110k miles, but will consider well documented specimens with higher mileage.

Placeholder. I have no idea what I want yet. Will add to this post as I think of things.

UPDATE: suggestions

1. cash (always a good item)

2. clever but "safe to wear around my kids" t-shirts. preshrunk XL would be good and 100% cotton (keep that polyester crap away from me)

3. trailer hitch adapter to go from a 2" receiver (on truck) to accomodate a 1 1/4 inch bike rack insert (see dwawtite.com item number RH-2125 for an example. lots of companies make these)

4. Wii game (Boom Blox, EA Playground, Mercury Meltdown)

5. A wife who knows to unstick frozen wipers before turning them on

Edited by k9sar

well I'll start now and then add later since I havent really thought about it.

~1/2" drive clicker torque wrench (Pepboys has the one that I used to have until it got stolen, I think its like $25)

~ some NPORA Die Cuts (white) if they're still out there (maybe 2 small 1's (like 3" wide) and 2 bigger 1's (like 6" wide) or even some do it on the rocks decals

~ 360 plug and play (whatever that thing is you plug into the console and charge the battery pack while playing when the batteries start dying

~ Best buy gift card

~ Decent Tow Strap (like the 1 I got DJ Dank last year) (low priority)

Tools; a Nissan hub nut socket would be nice to have (I'm probably not alone on that one.)

I can check how much the sockets are here and can make them for folks if I could get like $2 per tool on top of the cost of the socket and shipping (that would cover my grinding disks and time I think)

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_image...078_20_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_image...078_21_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_image...078_22_full.jpg

Edited by unccpathfinder

I can check how much the sockets are here and can make them for folks if I could get like $2 per tool on top of the cost of the socket and shipping (that would cover my grinding disks and time I think)

I have a half assed ghetto fab one, don't want/need another. I'm lookin' for the real thing this time around!

I have a half assed ghetto fab one, don't want/need another. I'm lookin' for the real thing this time around!

I have one. I have no idea where I got it, or what brand it is. And no. I will NOT part with it.

Oh yeah, I do not like clowns. Send me a clown, and I'll ban you. :crossedwires:

mine is not ghetto...or half assed...my craftsman work is much better than that...but for you my friend I could make an exception ;) mine was like $6 or $7 and has been used probably 10 times on 4 different pathy's and no issues at'all...home made tools are much better than a lot of snap-ons and MAC's too...

If there are any other members interested let me know...I can either make it or can figure out which tool I made it from and give you the details on how to make it yourself...

Oh yeah, I do not like clowns. Send me a clown, and I'll ban you. :crossedwires:
Send him a clown, I will override his banning. :D

Not saying he is, not saying he's not.... But I AM thinking about sending him a clown just because!!! :D