Heated Seats question

madizm620

Hey guys i just bought a 95 nissan pathfinder with leather heated seats but it seams the heated seat intermittently work, both seats will come on and off randomly while driving. Any suggestions? anyone else had this issue?

I did do that already, bent all the contacts back out a bit more, the weird thing is the lights on both switches come on and stay on when you turn the switch so you'd think there would be constant power there? this is why im so confused. I though maybe a bad ground but then each seat would be grounded on it's own so why would both do it at the same time. I'm baffled

• 4 years later...

Instead of making a new topic, I figured I'd just add my question to this one.

For the R50s, were there CLOTH heated seats available ever?

If so, is the wiring there and all I need is the heated seats from a JY and plug em in, get a switch and I'm good to go?

I have a guy at my local JY taking a look at a set of seats that he has to see if they're heated and he'll get back to me. Are there any tell-tale signs that its a heated vs. non-heated just from looking at it?

Thanks!

On my WD21, there are 2 plugs (one driver, one passenger) just hanging out beneath my seats. I'd assume you would just see a plug on the seat you are buying, easiest way to tell. I'd look for a LE or SE, seems it would be more common in either of those.

Seems like it would be the best of both worlds, a butt toaster and a seat that doesn't suck the heat out of you anyway. Come to think of it you might not end up using the heaters very often. I've got cloth seats and I've never felt the need for heaters, though they were nice to have in my mom's Passat (leather seats).

Edited by Slartibartfast

I've got the cloth seats, and you're right, they are great in the summer, but this winter has gotten pretty dang cold (-20s). I've heard of some other people on one of the tacoma forums inserting a heating element into their seats, but wasnt sure if there were any R50s that came with cloth heated seats from the factory like some WD21s did. If there were, I'm planning on doing some JY hopping to scour for them!

I'm not aware of heated cloth seats in any make or model from any manufacturer. However, I use my heated seats to keep the frigid leather from sucking all of the heat from my body through my ass.

I tested an 05 (?) Subaru Forester XT with cloth Heated seats, weirdest thing, i was surprised as well. Man that thing was slow for a turbo.

But my 96 came with the cheap leather heated seats, if someone is looking to retro fit, it would probably be smarter to get a set out of a leather model.

I dont think i could trust any heating element under my rear that I installed, but thats just me, the only issues i've had was some how the seat controls are backwards, so the passenger turns on the drivers on, and the drivers turns on the passengers, it started after i tired to install LED's instead of the bulbs (yes, i use to hang out on NICO, and that seemed fairly cool) and as a result, the drivers will light up (and control the passengers) but the passengers wont (and control the drivers)

Very weird but it hasn't bothered me all that much.

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123