SC88Pathy

VOTE OR DIE  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote today?

• Yes, I am a responsible citizen
    • No, I am a retard
    • Oh Canada! / God defend New Zealand

Well? Did you vote today?

This isn't a political discussion about who/what you voted for or against. Just a nice discussion about how cool it is to vote.

I voted! I actually voted a while ago, hooray for absentee ballots!

What a load of crap! As per ballot information, you can mail it in on or before election day at a post office or drop it in a ballot box. This county is a mail in only election.

I was undecided about two couple races until tonight Went to mail it only to find a big a$$ sign saying "NO BALLOTS" WTF?, went home to look up a drop site, drove there and missed the SOB by 3 minutes! :rant2:

First one I have missed! :angry:

So my vote here goes too "Oh Canada! / God defend New Zealand" P...

hooray for absentee ballots!

Amen to that, Thats probably one of the coolest things about CA so far. You can have an absentee ballot without being absent. Now the real reason I did it is b/c i like to take my time and think/read/whatever about things and i knew work wouldnt pay for me to go vote but CA also has a little law that if you notify your employer 2 business days prior to a voting event you can take off up to 2 hrs with pay at the beginning or end of the work shift to take care of your civil duty.

I voted for the first time, I used to be the "my vote doesn't matter a squirt of piss" guy LOL but didnt toss my ballot or the book and I actually read it and voted...

I tell you what though, some of those entries in the book from parties you never hear about were down right scary! instead of talking about being pro life or recalling our troops I was reading entries like "to stop the senseless slaughter of the unborn" and "take down the American empire".... holy crap guys - DECAF!

but moral of the story is I do feel a little more like a responsible adult than I did yesterday :)

Edited by Jarsiff