Backed into a rock

silverlion

I had a little oops. I backed into a rock out at the trail and dislodged the corner of my stock plastic bumper cover. I can see a screw in there but have no idea how to get to it. How in hades do you get to it to tighten it up. It is a large sheet metal screw that screws into a plastic anchor. The bumper corner has a horizontal slot in it to accept said screw. I can get the corner into position but it just pops out. I know how to prevent this from occurring again, look before just throwing the rig in reverse and backing up. That is the easy part. Anyone have some help for me?

Edited by silverlion

They have adapters at the dealership. I think they are about $8 or so. This has happened to me out on the trails a few times from dropping the bumper down on a rock as the rear wheel roles off.

That is if you are talking about the little white plastic peice.

Edited by Entropy98

Yeah, the plastic piece is still intact with screw, the problem is, I cannot get the screw to slide into the slot on the bumper corner. I have no idea how to even get to the screw. Or is the corner piece not supposed to have a slot in it? Maybe it should have been a hole. But how the ^%$# do I get to that screw? I wish our welder was up and running. I have the plans, just need to order the steel and start welding. It should only take a couple of Saturdays...