Hi from Colorado!

zerenix

Well, I've been browsing the forums for a couple months figured its time to introduce myself. My name is Shawn, I live in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, and have been the proud owner of a Pathfinder since April. It's my first car so I hope to learn EVERYTHING about it :happy:, and these forums seem the perfect place to start. I haven't really done and offroading in a 4x4 myself, but have had experience on snowmobiles, and atv's, sooo as it looks like a ton of fun, I'm also hoping to get into offorading a bit.

And now for my Pathfinder;

Its a 1991 SE v6 manual with a Limited Slip, a skid plate in the front and one on the rear covering the gas tank. Its riding on 31" Mesa A/P Tires (They came with the car), and I believe everything on the car is stock. Both exhaust manifolds are cracked (they hard to fix?) the rear main oil seal is leaking and the water pump is leaking. Other than that everything seems to work fine.

dscf1483ha3.th.jpgthpix.gif

Welcome WAVEY

When you change the water pump, change the timing belt as well, the coolant could, and probably is leaking onto it, which will degrade the belt. I wouldn't drive it much until it's fixed.

Looks like she's in good visual shape though :itsallgood:

Welcome Shawn!! Little Red has good advice for you, so I'll continue. It's the same with replacing the RMS, unless you know everything is in good shape, plan to replace the clutch while you are in there; it's not a job you want to do often...

As for the exhaust manifolds, you may want to consider going straight to headers and don't forget to replace the manifold studs with the stronger replacement units!!!

B

Thanks for the welcome!

Since I'm here might as well ask some questions.

How hard are the exhaust manifolds to replace by ones self, and what tools would be needed?

The temperature and fuel (fuel light does though) gauges don't work is this probably the cluster voltage regulator?

dscf1493wq8.th.jpgthpix.gif

dscf1492sv5.th.jpgthpix.gif