Fighting the worst evil known to Pathy's

jitterymonkey

you can get it oil sprayed, or if it doesn't have any rust or undercoating, Krown makes a good rust inhibitor for a little more. I bet the best combo would be por-15 or rust bullet paint, and then get it oil sprayed after that. Don't wait too much longer to get oil sprayed, it soaks in better with warmer temperatures. It has some wax mixed in with the oil so it sticks to the metal better. I don't know how if feel about using old motor oil. that would be a little messy and bad for the environment

I think that oil spraying is a Canadian thing. Never seen it offered here.

There are guys who do it here. (Old motor oil+kerosene.)But I'm not sure how legal it is.

Sorry if it offends anybody,but if it stops the salt from completely destroying my Pathfinder

The slight damage to the environment won't keep me up at night. :hide:

my '95 is already rusty. just trying to slow the rot down a bit.

Fixed the frame with 1/4 plate.

Took the fender flares off (anybody want 'em) because they were causing rust.

Was going to trim 'em back anyway to fit larger tires. :aok:

I HATE road salt!!!! Only good thing about rust is once your rig starts to rot you don't care about

cutting it up & wheeling it.

I had a great little Suzuki Samurai that still ran beautiful but literally rotted away to nothing.

when I lived in Spokane (in a group home) the guy we lived with made us wash his vehicles 2x a week mostly focusing on spraying the wheel wells and udercarrage. if you set the sprayer right it would freeze and he would bring you a bucket of hot water to thaw it. I wished the faucet wasn't so close to the house so it would freeze. but it worked, no rust and they salt pretty regular over there.

There are guys who do it here. (Old motor oil+kerosene.)But I'm not sure how legal it is.

Sorry if it offends anybody,but if it stops the salt from completely destroying my Pathfinder

Yeah, the environment is not really on my list of concerns when it comes to keeping the pathy in good shape.

Do those flares come with mud flaps?

Yeah, the environment is not really on my list of concerns when it comes to keeping the pathy in good shape.

Do those flares come with mud flaps?

Yep, got the mud flaps too. Not sure I have all the mounting bolts though. Have to check.

Took 'em off couple of moths ago and was shocked at how much crud they held & rust they hid/caused. :ohno01:

I'll never put them on again. Luckily the law here doesn't restrict/enforce tires sticking out past the fenders.

I would strongly advise anyone thats got 'em & never taken them off to at least remove & inspect for rust/crud build up. especially if road salts involved.

Just to rub SALT into the wounds (ooooooh, bad pun. My bad!), I still have 0 rust under the flares! No salt = no rust.

Another critical area to clean (and this applies to pretty much any vehicle) is behind the lower back corners of the front fenders. Open the door all the way and look down in there. It is likely packed full of dirt and debris, holding moisture that leads to rust through from the back side.

Just to rub SALT into the wounds (ooooooh, bad pun. My bad!), I still have 0 rust under the flares! No salt = no rust.

Another critical area to clean (and this applies to pretty much any vehicle) is behind the lower back corners of the front fenders. Open the door all the way and look down in there. It is likely packed full of dirt and debris, holding moisture that leads to rust through from the back side.

x2

I have to pull my front mudflaps just to get it all out. this time I left them off so I can just srape the dirt out any time.

Was going to trim 'em back anyway to fit larger tires. :aok:

I HATE road salt!!!! Only good thing about rust is once your rig starts to rot you don't care about

cutting it up & wheeling it.

I had a great little Suzuki Samurai that still ran beautiful but literally rotted away to nothing.

Dude PM me, I'd love sum fender flares.

To get back on subject move to SE Louisiana, sweat your Arse off and wonder what roadsalt is.