dig the flat black?

Channel595

so my ride is a little abused looking and i just want to shaker can the whole rig flat black and every one tells me it looks ghetto but, i like the look and i say when ever i get a new dent i can just touch it up with a 2 second fix that i wont stress about. i personally like the look and i know it doesnt stand up to the weather but i mean a can of flat black is under 10 bones and thats nothing.

Did my eclipse that way as a temproary thing to mask the fact it was red/dark blue/teal/grey primer. That was a couple years ago and its still that way, although verry fadded. My friend who does all my bodywork is still mad about that, sais I just made more work for him, makes wasking easy though-DON'T!

flat black makes me think of the primerblack ricer culbs (you can't join unless your only primer) but its your rig do what u want, It might look good I would think semigloss black would be a little better.

flat black makes me think of the primerblack ricer culbs (you can't join unless your only primer) but its your rig do what u want, It might look good I would think semigloss black would be a little better.

Funnything is the local ricer dorks don't lieke me because of my car looking how it is. Guess it gives them a bad name having an ugly import/domestic stepchild bastard that I personally laugh at and make fun of. O fcourse knowing the typical ricer, you can somke them in a metro since they can't drive. Eh, at least they have a body kit

p.s. sorry for bad typing, smashed right hand today and not feeling like fixing typos at the moment. I'll fix it later when not as sore.

Edited by nunya

• 4 weeks later...

me nd a budy spray painted his 240sx that he did a sr20 swap in with 14 cans of 1$ paint from walmart and it looks flawless lol you cant even tell its spray painted. I love engine swaps it fin! icant wait to put my rb25det in my z31 300zx! sorry off topic. if your not going to off road use spray paint if you are going then use something a little more rugged!

From my experiences in painting flat with a rattle can is its hard to get good even coats and I can always see some streaks here and there but if I'm painting with a satin, gloss or semi gloss I can paint without any runs or leaving any can strokes

You could always cover it with mud and just keep the windows washed...I know a guy in Baton Rouge that did that with his old tacoma b/c it got beat up pretty good so the mud kept it all covered up

I painted my hood and from the rocker panels up to the horizontal lengthwise body groove on both sides of my Pathy with Duplicolor Truck Bed Coating, in black. It turned out awesome. I did two coats on the hood, sides, rear end and tire carrier and used 3 cans at $6 a pop. Very easy to blend and get an easy coat. I also added a 3/16" pinstripe between the bedliner coat and the stock paint to kinda break it up a bit. The hood: The two grooves were masked and I sprayed the whole thing and removed the tape. I left the grooves unpainted, and faded it on the front of the hood.

pathy006.jpg

Thanks guys. I think the key to making your paint stick well, is to sand the surface down really well (paint wont stick all that well to a clear coat I dont think :P) Then clean it really well with rubbing alcohol or the likes. Keep the surface as clean as you can, and you wont have a problem with your paint not sticking.

And for the record, this bedliner has held up very well. Thru bushwhacking and mud/rocks hitting it, it hasn't even chipped.