RUNCK bumpers

Slick

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vertical tubes are killing me... hopefully they would be un breakable, otherwise they woud be perfect demo tools. I'm sure they're strong, though...

As far as the right spare vs. left tire mounts, it occurred to me that if the spare was relocated out of the way on the bumper to the left (driver's side) with a solid bumper mount, then the stock spare mounts on the passenger side body could be re-purposed. They're obviously strong enough to carry a spare. What about being the perfect HiLift mounting point, and/or with other gear, even a ladder ala Rover Discovery's, up to a cargo/basket rack.

Its just my 2 cents, please give me a discount if you take it and run. ;)

Does anyone know any more about this vehicle... I love it!

It belongs to someone from Peru if I'm not mistaken.

I got the pictures some time ago, don’t remember where. I really like the bumper and even have an image of the building plans….

Does anyone know any more about this vehicle... I love it!

That's JPHI's truck from Chile. He had an Isuzu 3.2L V6 put in it along with a SAS and the custom bumpers. Very nice rig. Before that he had a turbo 4-cylinder. He sold it in 2007 and now sports a Patrol GU, the bastid.

4WD and Off-Road Magazine Reader's Rides Section:

Chilean Hardbody

VEHICLE: '93 Nissan Hardbody King Cab

OWNER: Juan Pablo Velasquez, Santiago, Chile

TIRES: 35x12.50-15 Goodyear Wranglers

WHEELS: 15x10 American Racing, 2-inch wheel spacers

SUSPENSION: Custom 10-inch leaves in rear with 5-inch blocks, custom spring-over axle front, Rancho 9000X shocks, traction bars

DRIVETRAIN: 3.2L V-6 Isuzu, Isuzu five-speed tranny, Isuzu 3.7:1 low range transfer case, front Toyota Hi-Lux front axle, rear Detroit Locker, 4.88 gears

PERFORMANCE MODS: K&N air filter

OTHER DOODADS: Blincar bumpers and front pushbar, Warn 4xflares, Warn 8,000-pound winch, custom nerf bars, DC tailgate net, Auto Meter gauges

BEST MOD: Engine swap and being forced to do a solid-axle swap due to wrong-side drop of the new transfer case

WORST MOD: Spending too much money on the old engine

http://images.4wheeloffroad.com/readersrid...ew_King_Cab.jpg

title05.jpg

img1056fk5.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/jpvmlichttotobal/jpvm4x4.html

If I looked hard enough, I could come up with a pic of the dimensions (blueprint) of that front bumper. I have it somewhere on one of my hard drives.

If I looked hard enough, I could come up with a pic of the dimensions (blueprint) of that front bumper. I have it somewhere on one of my hard drives.

It was talked about here on these forums as well, iirc it the prints wre posted here, or were going to be at least. I don't remember which for sure.

The vertical tubes are killing me... hopefully they would be un breakable, otherwise they woud be perfect demo tools. I'm sure they're strong, though...

As far as the right spare vs. left tire mounts, it occurred to me that if the spare was relocated out of the way on the bumper to the left (driver's side) with a solid bumper mount, then the stock spare mounts on the passenger side body could be re-purposed. They're obviously strong enough to carry a spare. What about being the perfect HiLift mounting point, and/or with other gear, even a ladder ala Rover Discovery's, up to a cargo/basket rack.

Its just my 2 cents, please give me a discount if you take it and run. ;)

yeah, I kept telling Doug I HATE the posts...... he also got himself another idea for our bumpers, so they will drastically different than the jeeps. he's gunna casd some plans/specs n email em to me, when I get them, I'll post the pics up.

STOP THREAD JACKING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
STOP THREAD JACKING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree...

So, whats the current status with the bumpers/new plans ? Personally, I have no problem with corner uptubes. Fill them with sand/cement and they will be damn near crumple proof!! I have a new truck that needs good bumpers, whats the time line and price? Does he need a model truck for the first set? How do these mount if you have no body lift VS 3" body lift? Front bumper with a winch mount? Rear bumper available with class 3 receiver tube? I personally prefer to keep the stock spare tire mount...

Please tell the man that people are interested and waiting.

(I know you are busy Slick) :hugs:

B

the rear bumpers will be around $700- $800 fronts probably about the same. steel prices are SKY HIGH so if we can get 6 or 7 bumpers ordered at once, it'll keep the prices down.

he is still working on some new designs, and as soon as I know, you all will know. as for the posts, they are VERY strong, there is a sleeve and a bolt that go through them, and they're welded as well. they are meant NOT to crumble/break/snap or bend when hit........ HARD. ;)

as for rear fitment with a hitch, it's possible, or you can get the bumper with an integrated receiver. time line was supposed to be Johnson Valley.... but it doesn't look (financially) like i can go..... but it will be before the end of the year.

yes, he may need mzextreme to toodle over to him for some fitments/checks as the JY he was trying to buy a pathy from never got back to him.

as for fitment, modified and reinforced stock brackets, and a slider going down to the frame (where stock hooks bolt in).. it will be designed for stock trucks, with modified brackets when you want to do a BL on them. :D

Edited by Slick

• 3 months later...

If the bumper looked like this one I'd buy one!! This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for sublte, useable, and tough!

I've PMed this user with no response. Anyone have any info on it?

450916259_qpBKS-X3.jpg

Edited by colbywan

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
it will probably open the same way as jeeps.... less mods for him to make..... and since it's not "attached" like a factory carrier.... direction won't matter so much :)

yuppers! anywhere in north america, and if they take off, canada too

id love to see those rears in canada