we pulled a truck out of sunrise lake

porterhouse

Well not me personally, a full sized bronco and a mog did most the pulling. I simply hooked up shackles and what not. but

2751997144_b4496dc5f7.jpg

2751163693_4a85f1006e.jpg

2751164101_9e540495be.jpg

After the tug strap attached to the winch cable snapped the truck stayed like this for a while

2751175303_a5223bd8ff.jpg

I guess 25000 lbs of pull was too much for this one

2752008158_d338bd985f.jpg

but we kept going

2752008628_7349a3c7c0.jpg

but at long last we got it out

2751179597_17773a128b.jpg

2752014994_6c28debc9a.jpg

after that we dragged it down to the FSR and onto a trailer

and to think I expected an uneventful day wheeling and then this

Good stuff. I'm glad to see it's out now. I was following this on bc4x4 but haven't read since friday.

Why were you up there? To help the recovery or the maintenance run or just because?

I normally go up on the maintenance run. any excuse I can use to go wheeln' I normally take. I make use of the both the sites so I don't mind helping clean up.

As you can see we all worked hard :)

2751174837_5076314188.jpg

Wow, quite the recovery... how did it land there in the first place?

It was an impressive recovery indeed, all in all 3 winches were fried,

as to how it got there, the owner couldn't get the truck into park but thought the e-break would do the trick, the e-brake failed the truck rolled down the hill through a stump and knocked the mirrors off as it split 2 trees, then off the embankment into the lake. I kinda wish I had seen it as it sounds impressive.

to bad the guy in the mog is such an ASS!

I know him, he does these kind of things to make himself look good, not to do the right thing.

I wish i could have helped. I love sunrise lake.. fun to crawl up the rock at the top.. the V-notch doesn't even make me spill my beer

to bad the guy in the mog is such an ASS!

I know him, he does these kind of things to make himself look good, not to do the right thing.

I wish i could have helped. I love sunrise lake.. fun to crawl up the rock at the top.. the V-notch doesn't even make me spill my beer

well if you do the right thing for the wrong reason, at least you still did the right thing? This was the first time I met him so I can't pass judgment. It's good that the truck got out as I love sunrise lake as well, great little spot to camp.

and for those of us that only have the limited slip in the rear the v-rock is not beverage friendly. :)

the Mog dude..

has been banned from nearly every 4x4 site he has gone on.

First time i met him he left 4 of us up on top of the mountain in bad / nasty snow. We were all stuck, he just kept going......... and going.... never saw him again. .that day.

Second time i met him was at an event that I put on.

Comes to me (uninvited) starts saying how we are going to do things.. I take it with a grain of salt.. majority rules (there was another that liked his idea).

then starts bad mouthing me.. Says @!*% like, What kind of a dumbass would bring kids to an event like this.

How does he know what kind of event it is, he heard about it through the grape vine so decided to show up cause he new people who were going to be there... When i organized this event, i told them KID FRIENDLY.

Just saying, he can be helpfull, but.. WATCH YOUR BACK, CAUSE HE'LL PUT A KNIFE RIGHT IN IT!.

This isn't just my opinion, I can tell you he has done this to AT LEAST a dozen people i know personnaly.. I know lots of people who would punch him in the head just because its him..

I'm glad they pulled the jeep out, I know the whole story EXACTLY..

Suprised you guys didn't get in trouble (the law that was there should have known), cause the Gov was going to come up and take it out, "people" were told to leave it alone and let the "gov" do their job.

the Mog dude..

has been banned from nearly every 4x4 site he has gone on.

First time i met him he left 4 of us up on top of the mountain in bad / nasty snow. We were all stuck, he just kept going......... and going.... never saw him again. .that day.

Second time i met him was at an event that I put on.

Comes to me (uninvited) starts saying how we are going to do things.. I take it with a grain of salt.. majority rules (there was another that liked his idea).

then starts bad mouthing me.. Says @!*% like, What kind of a dumbass would bring kids to an event like this.

How does he know what kind of event it is, he heard about it through the grape vine so decided to show up cause he new people who were going to be there... When i organized this event, i told them KID FRIENDLY.

Just saying, he can be helpfull, but.. WATCH YOUR BACK, CAUSE HE'LL PUT A KNIFE RIGHT IN IT!.

This isn't just my opinion, I can tell you he has done this to AT LEAST a dozen people i know personnaly.. I know lots of people who would punch him in the head just because its him..

I'm glad they pulled the jeep out, I know the whole story EXACTLY..

Suprised you guys didn't get in trouble (the law that was there should have known), cause the Gov was going to come up and take it out, "people" were told to leave it alone and let the "gov" do their job.

hmmm... I was unaware that the regular folks were told to not touch it, looks like everyone up there was lucky that the cop was uninformed.

I really do get what your saying about the "mog guy" from reading the aftermath over at BC 4x4, and watching the way things were run when we were pulling it out.

If it was pulled out by the government it would have been one hell of a bill for the jeeps registered owner. for a guy that ended up with a truck in the lake he certainly did have horseshoes up his ass :D

I'm glad it got pulled out, though if something had gone wrong there would be a whole lot of @!*% flying around right now.

I did also quite enjoy reading the 10 pages or so of drama over at bc4x4

I'm glad it got pulled out, though if something had gone wrong there would be a whole lot of @!*% flying around right now.

I did also quite enjoy reading the 10 pages or so of drama over at bc4x4

I thought they were up to 32 pages of drama?

I just got out the popcorn, best free entertainment around