40 year olds & Skateboards

Casey.T

well.... FYI... 40 year olds and skateboards do not mix well... had to show the boy how to drop in on a small bowl. down, across, up, down, half way across, wheel catches the drain plate in the middle..... "snap" 2x... broke both of the bones in my right arm just above the wrist... CT scan in the morning to determine if they will use pins/screws or plates... or some combination of...

Surgery is scheduled Friday morning... :huh:

You write very well for someone with one working upper appendage :D

I did the same thing (in 6th grade) on the first day of school. Good luck with the scan and quick healing too!

DOH!!! I guess you showed him how NOT to do it!

Sorry to hear that Casey. I hope all heals well with a minimum of fuss.

An ex-boss of mine did something similiar a few years ago. Decided at age 45 to relive the glory days and get on a scateboard, even though he hadn't been on one for 20 years. 5 minutes earned him a broken ankle...

The problem is, that unless you stick with things like that, the mind remembers but the body doesn't. Not to mention the body isn't nearly as resilliant as it used to be!!!

Take it easy Bud, or it'll be your hip next... ;)

B

Bastage! You had to go and break something didn't ya? Now you're gonna miss out on the nice free frosty beer from the keg.

You write very well for someone with one working upper appendage

Methinks someone perfected the art of one-handed typing...

Yeah right! This is a bunch of crap. I know why you dont want to come is cause you think we are going to make us jealous of your Frontier! Whatever, put a cast on it and get your butt over here!

j/k Get better and we will catch you the next time around!

Surgery 8.8.08 @ 930am... same place that did my knee... The CT scan is very pretty... that or its the oxycodone 10mg tabs every 3 hours... istill have not slept....

I gave up on that when I broke my sternum on a halfpipe at 32, now I only break bones when gas powered engines are included...

ATV is a skateboard with an engine, wrist has screws and a plate to prove it!-)

I need a plane!

Hope all is well!

Edited by MikeV

40 yr old and bikes in a bowl dont mix either, buddy i worked with in wyoming went face first and sanded the first layer of skin off his face riding a bmx in a bowl. not sure if the beer involved was to blame or not.

Well all went well... I now have 2 pins in my wrist... 6 to 8 week recovery... and that vid break was pretty dam close...

pops some pills and off to lala land i go...

Damn Thomas... I'd kick the crap out of whomever designed the drain if it causes an accident like that. Sue the city? People love to see skateparks put up (IT'S FOR THE KIDS OMG LOL!) but they're often designed by people that don't do any of the work on them and guys in concrete often don't give a crap about finish work. Take pics, get someone to fix it at least?

That said, I rode my bike around the skatepark last week and did just fine! :D I still remember almost everything I can do.

I hope you regain full functionality of your hand as soon as possible. I've dislocated my elbow, sprained both ankles, thumb, etc...took two years for the elbow to come back to full use.

They pinned me up yesterday, the arm block wore off about 4am... been up since... rummaging around the house... group health yet again fails to pay for prescription... Should be interesting the next couple of days...