which grille guards to get?

pathproud

Just got this 1995.5 SE Pathfinder with 86K in a pretty good shape in and out...Seems like the previous owner to good care of it..want to keep it up..

Besides from a tuneup, should probably change the timing belt now?

Was also thinking of getting grille guards front and back since I'll be parking in NYC often enough. My last car got beaten up on those streets.

Can anyone recommend good and not too much $$ grille guards? Guess ebay would be the best place?

THANKS!

a mod will probably move this to another section of the forums.. but anyhoo, craigs list is your cheapest bet, after that, auto parts stores, i think 4x4parts.com do em, jc whitney may have em......

I would stay away from any kind of "Grill Guard" type stuff if you are trying to protect the vehicle. Greater chance of them getting bent into the vehicle causing more damage then if you hadn't had the guard there. They truely are all looks as far as strength.

• 3 weeks later...
Just got this 1995.5 SE Pathfinder with 86K in a pretty good shape in and out...Seems like the previous owner to good care of it..want to keep it up..

Besides from a tuneup, should probably change the timing belt now?

THANKS!

You don't need to replace the timing belt except every 105K miles, so you have another 20K to go!

OEM Grill Guards are the best!

Let's have a look at that new "Guard" you have there, glad to see it go to a good home.

I would stay away from any kind of "Grill Guard" type stuff if you are trying to protect the vehicle. Greater chance of them getting bent into the vehicle causing more damage then if you hadn't had the guard there. They truely are all looks as far as strength.

lol, it'll atleast keep the civics' & corollas' from scratching up that front end.

Edited by kennyJR50