picked up my jim wolf pop charger :)

FUELER

went to jim wolf technologies, happens to be 10 minutes away from my work,

picked up the pop charger in stock

they also have S1 cams in stock for our VG33, $560 ($1100 for the VQ35)

think ill gain any horsepower? or did i waste my money

Hey...weren't you selling your truck a while back?

Gains w/ the pop charger will probably be negligible...though your a$$ dyno may tell you different :D

Open up the exhaust as well, and you will definitely feel more HP with the combo of the pop charger + exhaust. One without the other isn't as effective.

installed it... sounds INCREDIBLE

but i do have to dock some points off regarding the mounting bracket... it does not mount to anywhere on my car!!! I am about to go duct tape it

xporx4, do u have any pics of your pop charger?

installed it... sounds INCREDIBLE

but i do have to dock some points off regarding the mounting bracket... it does not mount to anywhere on my car!!! I am about to go duct tape it

xporx4, do u have any pics of your pop charger?

I don't have any recent pics. I did have to tweak the brackets a little to use a suitable mounting location, though. I echo your observation about inadequate brackets.

its ok, i searched google for "pop charger pathfinder mounting bracket" and your write up on xplorx4.com was the #1 result, with pictures.

http://www.xplorx4.com/pathfinder/upgrades/popcharger/

mine only came with one bracket, the more straight one that you have closer to the firewall.... but it does not match up with ANYTHING!!! I tried using it on all 4 bolts of the maf sensor and it does not even remotely line up with any mounting point in the engine bay..... and the bracket is way too thick to bend (or maybe i just need a few more beers)

right now i duct taped the bracket to the engine compartment and it works fine, but not so easy on the eyes

Edited by FUELER

Thanks for the detailed pics! Ill try getting it to mount like that.

That velocity stack (under the filter) looks beautiful doesn't it? That's some pretty good fabrication on JWT's end...

This is on the 95, but theres not alot of differences from the MAF to the Pop Charger....

FedExDelivers.jpg

JWT1.jpg

JWT2.jpg

Still have to transfer mine to the 91 and re-install the original air box in the 95....

for the mounting bracket, i used an existing hole in the wheel well under the air box... bend the bracket to fit and clearance the hood...

Using HFX pictures, I was able to bend the bracket to line up perfectly. Thanks for the photos.

I am thinking of hacking up the factory airbox, to help make some sort of "heat shield". What do you guys think of this?

Using HFX pictures, I was able to bend the bracket to line up perfectly. Thanks for the photos.

I am thinking of hacking up the factory airbox, to help make some sort of "heat shield". What do you guys think of this?

The factory airbox won't be big enough to serve as a decent heat shield. Fabricate a shield with some cheap sheet metal instead, and use fuel tubing, slit on one side, to line the sharp edges. Someone has done this already and has pics, but I can't remember who.

The factory airbox won't be big enough to serve as a decent heat shield. Fabricate a shield with some cheap sheet metal instead, and use fuel tubing, slit on one side, to line the sharp edges. Someone has done this already and has pics, but I can't remember who.

That was me XPLORx4. Here's the pic.

727953_18_full.jpg

Here's the link to the full completion of my "CAI" set-up

My Build

That is pretty sweet! HFX...I made one out of plexi glass and it is pretty sweet too...I want to make another one that is taller and would reach all the way to the hood so that it blocks off more of the engine heat. Mine sits on top of the glued/caulked seam between like the strut tower, frame rail area and the engine bat and uses a pressure fit style mounting, resting against the OEM hood pin sensor (looks like it is for an alarm), which is just to the left of your heat shield in the pic. In fact my whole shield sits just to the left of yours and stops smooth with the sturt tower edges (how's that for a long drawn out description!).

I know that, with my Scanguage, air intake temps change about 15 degrees with my style heat shield vs. no heat shield...but if not moving it is near worthless.

Here is a sweet question....after making an intake out of the put together pieces at Autozone...what can you coat that "bling chrome" with to help reflect heat and insulate?

nah its not worth my time, they are 15 mins away (on freeway) in white power crack-head city, always like 100* F there, I don't really enjoy going to that part of town, and on top of that they seemed pretty busy, I doubt they would change their brackets if I came in and showed them whats up

They are working on newer style 350Z's, theres a few nice ones there

whoa how can u tell? doesnt look discolored in the picture to me, but it is factory brake fluid with 150k miles on it :(

It looks pretty dark, dude. Brake fluid is supposed to have the color of a Chardonnay wine.

whoa how can u tell? doesnt look discolored in the picture to me, but it is factory brake fluid with 150k miles on it :(

You were overdue years ago if you have that many miles on it. It should be changed every couple of years. Brake fluid is hydroscopic. It absorbs moisture which lowers the boiling point and makes the pedal mushy. I would get it flushed out. Brake fluid isn't that expensive.