Nissan/Datsun 720 gearbox into WD21

terranorob

well your t-case wont bolt on the gearbox. 720's have divorced t-cases, so the back of the gearbox would have a drive shaft style output.

dont know if it will go on the motor, never really even seen a 720 in real life.

well your t-case wont bolt on the gearbox. 720's have divorced t-cases, so the back of the gearbox would have a drive shaft style output.

Cheers - looks like I will have to keep my eye out on the real thing. I assume that a pathfinder petrol gearbox would fit fine and dandy - no mods?

Cheers - looks like I will have to keep my eye out on the real thing. I assume that a pathfinder petrol gearbox would fit fine and dandy - no mods?

as i said previously, it will work.

we just had to change over the bellhousing, throw out bearing forking mounting plate, throw out bearing fork & throw out bearing. which wasnt a problem for us cause we had all that stuff on the box that was coming out of the car.

if your starting with just a petrol box it may not be so easy.

as i said before, if your going to the effort of putting a manual trans in, throw some new bearings at it before it goes in. it will save heart ache down the track

Edited by sw