09 Maxima

5523Pathfinder

Ooooh... I do like! A lot more muscular looking.

We tried really hard to fall in love with a 2007 model that was being offered for a riduculously low price (a couple thousand under the Altimas!). It was with the 4 passenger "limo style" seating and loaded. But couldn't. Functionally, outstanding. Aesthetically, err, just not doing it for me. It was OK and was really nothing wrong with it, but for that much money, I want more than OK.

Nice! I like the Altimas of the last few years. I'm not sure how they compare to the Maximas, but it doesn't really matter. I won't be buying anything (certainly that expensive) for a LONG time...

B

Glad to see they're bringing back the "4DSC" Ad. Campaign from the early 90's era models.

It looks great, FAR better than previous. IMO the 2001.5-2003 Max's were some of the best looking ones (def. came with the best engine offered to that date too) This one brings me back that feeling again. I've always been a fan, and fell out of love with them in 2004 for ugly reasons. I can see myself easily falling for this one again!

And 290 h.p. to boot!! Looks like Nissan is getting back to making decent looking cars again.

**EDIT**

What? No 6 speed? Come one now...!!

Edited by navygz19

What? No 6 speed? Come one now...!!

That's a gripe of mine as well.... On the '07, the CVT had a psuedo manual mode. You flicked the lever and the belt would quickly move to another fixed position and stay there until you flicked it again.

Gave the car a little personality.

When I was still on the Nissan side of things, a few years back it was rumored that the Maxima was going to return to a rear-wheel-drive car. The design of the 04-07 was a shot at newer styling for Nissan. The funny thing about those years is that Nissan knew that the Maxima sales would slip, so they could push the Altima. I would say its now a great looking car again. Much like a new G35 sedan. I dont know, I kind of liked the CVT. Nice to just let the motor whine and do its thing.

i've always liked maxs. this one is probably the best looking model year i've seen, IMO. i like the how front kinda looks like the new GT-R and the front headlights look like those on the 370Z and how the taillights/back end resemble that of a newer 2-door civic. i think it looks awesome. i was too lazy to look at the view of the interior, though (or any of the other tabs than the 4DSC one)

Edited by StatutoryApe

• 2 months later...

Meh, I miss my B13.

And on that note... if gas is such a problem, why do cars keep getting bigger?

Even the "compacts" are bigger now than they were in the 90's.

This thing is huge in comparison.

If I'm going to drive a big-ass "sports car", make mine a Mustang GT please.

• 5 months later...

the rear looks like a camry. it has a hint of nasty chris bangle design to it. Can't stand the 'hump' in the trunk lid. It should be flush with the rear quarter panels

front looks ok, but the grill doesn't really look like it fits in

Saw one in person the other day, and it doesn't look THAT bad. It doesn't ooze Nissan like the last Maxima's did, but rather it harks to a bit of Lexus and BMW design. I guess they're gunning for more upscale buyers with it. I would never buy a sedan, they're just so impractical, but that's my opinion.

I'll never own a vehicle without a hatch of some sort. If I need a vehicle with 4-doors, it'll either be a 5-door, a wagon, or an SUV. I see no real reason to have a 4-door car with a trunk. They're only good for carrying people, you can't fit anything in them, they don't get that great of fuel economy, and their performance isn't that great. They're very mundane...

But then again, I don't have to justify my opinions to you...so...:P

God those things are ugly. There is not a single good looking vehicle Nissan has out right now, besides the new 370z and Skyline GT-R

The new GT-R is NOT a Skyline. The V35 Skyline (successor to the R34) is the Infiniti G35 here...

If I need a vehicle with 4-doors, it'll either be a 5-door

:blink:

(Make up your mind!!)

I see no real reason to have a 4-door car with a trunk. They're only good for carrying people, you can't fit anything in them,

(Nope, just 5 people...)

they don't get that great of fuel economy

(My GF's 95 Honda Civic gets better gas mileage than your newer 2 door.)

and their performance isn't that great.

14761-2006-BMW-M5.jpg

They're very mundane...

honda.500.jpg

I don't have to justify my opinions to you...

Nope, not at all. Good thing too... :lol:

B

The new GT-R is NOT a Skyline. The V35 Skyline (successor to the R34) is the Infiniti G35 here...

Oh. yeah. Delete the Skyline part of that...I forgot to edit it. The GT-R and the 370Z.

Looks a lot better than the last gen that's for sure! Though if it were going to be a car for me, I would be shooting for an Audi S4 Avent wagon! :hide:

Hell yeah dude they're sick! I totally LOVE the new Audi's.

The maxi's are pretty cool looking too but not having manual is totally gay. CVT's may be good on gas or whatever but not fun to drive at all by my account, sounds like a bad slipping clutch or tranny or something. Having a CVT isn't by any means a 4DSC, just a sedan that's sporty looking not a "Sports Car". :02:

I do agree they are one of the best looking maxima's I've seen to date, very tough looking front end. I'm just peeved that nissan wouldn't at least offer another option for transmission. I'd never in milliion years buy a car with a CVT.

-Colby