Intercooler Options

terranorob

Hi guys and gals, does anyone have any photo's of front mount intercooler locations? Running the pipework is not totally impossible with some mods to the existing inlet manifold and piping exit the turbo but there is bugger all room for the cooler. Any thoughts / successes or is the less efficient top mount pretty much the only / best option to keep the length of piping to a minimum?

Cheers

never peeked under the hood of the TD equipped terrano, but if you have belt-driven fan, you could probably swap it out with an electric fan out of a ford taurus 3.7l, and maybe have enough room to mount the intercooler to the back of the radiator. not sure how efficient it would be, but i don't think there is enough room infront of the rad support behind the grille. Have you ever considered water injection to cool the intake air temp?

My IC, from a pagero/montero

image01458ei6.jpg

Hey thanks for your pics! I had seen them previously - must have been in some of your previous posts. Do you have any pics of what you did on the turbo exit side of things?

Did the intercooler make a considerable difference in performance?

I have a 13B turbo - rotary engine top mount intercooler sitting in the shed. I know that air pumping through a rotary revving its head off far exceeds the TD27 but I was thinking the unit might be a little bit on the small side given the capacity is like 1.3L or so...