So I rolled my Pathfinder

StatutoryApe

Glad you're OK!

I have a pretty darned straight '88 body (black) sitting in the back 40. We've been using it as a parts pig.

It is now missing it's front fenders, but the rest is quite good. No rust. I recall a small dent in the hatch and maybe a small one in the fender. Broken front and rear windows, and the interior is hammered.

BUT - It's free to a good home if you take the entire chassis (supposedly with a freshly rebuilt engine) and I'm only 100 miles north of you in Chico. I could even haul it for you if you pay gas.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, i recommend not doing that anymore, tex :stickwack:

Glad you're OK!

I have a pretty darned straight '88 body (black) sitting in the back 40. We've been using it as a parts pig.

It is now missing it's front fenders, but the rest is quite good. No rust. I recall a small dent in the hatch and maybe a small one in the fender. Broken front and rear windows, and the interior is hammered.

BUT - It's free to a good home if you take the entire chassis (supposedly with a freshly rebuilt engine) and I'm only 100 miles north of you in Chico. I could even haul it for you if you pay gas.

that would be awesome. you're too kind. after i get her back home i'll have a good look at it and try to decide what i'm gonna do with it. i might have to take it off your hands.

oh, and just to let you guys know-- i'm gettin her back home tomorrow. my friend's dad is lettin us use his truck to haul my pathy back on a trailer.

Edited by StatutoryApe

Good deal, get 'er home and work out the kinks then. Sorry to hear about the rollover. Think of it this way....most people never get to experience a rollover!

LOL. i'm privileged, i guess. i thought of it as "some people don't get to experience a rollover and live to tell about it"

it was kinda a funny experience at the same time. it was funny cuz when i was rolling i remember seeing all the dust/dirt from the ground kick up and cover my friend (we rolled passenger side first, and he had the window rolled down) after the crash he told me that he hit his head and shoulder on the ground. i thought that was funny too. then i looked all over my body and found no scratches while my friend had one TINY scratch on his wrist.

idk. i'm kinda sick minded like that. lol.

LOL. i'm privileged, i guess. i thought of it as "some people don't get to experience a rollover and live to tell about it"

it was kinda a funny experience at the same time. it was funny cuz when i was rolling i remember seeing all the dust/dirt from the ground kick up and cover my friend (we rolled passenger side first, and he had the window rolled down) after the crash he told me that he hit his head and shoulder on the ground. i thought that was funny too. then i looked all over my body and found no scratches while my friend had one TINY scratch on his wrist.

idk. i'm kinda sick minded like that. lol.

Also most people's vehicles who get rolled over wouldn't start right up and drive again like a pathy would!

Also most people's vehicles who get rolled over wouldn't start right up and drive again like a pathy would!

It has nothing to do with it being a Pathfinder, he lucked out that nothing critical was damaged. I understand the desire to make the Pathy sound superior, but be for real adam. Many trucks, of all brands have rolled, started and driven off P... *hell my yota (pictured below) rolled over twice and was driven home*

*hell my yota (pictured below) rolled over twice and was driven home*

Didn't buy it from a guy in McKinleyville, CA did you? Knew a guy in High School there with one like that that he rolled a couple times on the beach dunes.

can cut off the roof and just put a kind of exo/ roll bar thing (kinda like jeeps) over the top.

I say go with option 2 (or whatever option this is) & make her your toy. Buy a POS car for like $500 to drive daily but buggy this bad MF out!

that would be sick, but i don't have the skills to make a roll cage like that nor the money to pay someone else to.

and my neighbor told me that it costs a lot more to register your vehicle as a truck because a truck is a "commercial vehicle" and an HB cab swap would be a PITA because of all the electrical differences.

and, possibly, w/ a free body from MWS, i might just swap bodies.

i've always liked the UAV look of WD21s anyway. i even wanted my pathy to look like a military vehicle. i wanted it to be painted olive drab, and have those black steelie rims w/ the fake bead locks. i think it'd look pretty BA. i've always been a troop transport kinda guy. when my friends and i go camping, i either bring most people, or stuff that has to be covered, such as food, firewood, and sleeping bags. i'm the SUV guy outta my group of friends.

Plus 2door WD's kick ass.

wow, that's awesome martin! if y'all need an suto transporter, i can get you guys 20% off with my discount (u haul). or help out any way i can. (supply the JD and i'll be up there in a heartbeat to help out!)

i have rolled on more than 1 occasion. it's something i've never got used to (or liked much)......

i am just glad you are both ok. that roof looks nasty.

Didn't buy it from a guy in McKinleyville, CA did you? Knew a guy in High School there with one like that that he rolled a couple times on the beach dunes.

Nope got it from a guy in Tumwater, WA, I'm not sure where he got it from but it's not a CA model. However, that does not say that it did not find it's way down there at some point :shrug:

Until you settle with the insurance, don't do anything to the truck other than have the adjuster come look at it. Make sure you have the check and have bought it back as salvage before doing anything other than remove any aftermarket items that you may have previously installed.

that would be sick, but i don't have the skills to make a roll cage like that nor the money to pay someone else to.

and my neighbor told me that it costs a lot more to register your vehicle as a truck because a truck is a "commercial vehicle" and an HB cab swap would be a PITA because of all the electrical differences.

and, possibly, w/ a free body from MWS, i might just swap bodies.

i've always liked the UAV look of WD21s anyway. i even wanted my pathy to look like a military vehicle. i wanted it to be painted olive drab, and have those black steelie rims w/ the fake bead locks. i think it'd look pretty BA. i've always been a troop transport kinda guy. when my friends and i go camping, i either bring most people, or stuff that has to be covered, such as food, firewood, and sleeping bags. i'm the SUV guy outta my group of friends.

Plus 2door WD's kick ass.

There are ways around that commercial BS. just slap a camper shell on it and then you will not have to get a commercial registration, problem is if you get caught hauling stuff in it without a commercial registration. depending on the person you deal with at dmv you can just sign a form stating that you are not using it for commercial use.

Edited by msavides

As far as filing an insurance claim, I always recommend caution in doing so - especially if you're under 30 years old. It may (actually, will likely) affect your rates for years - potentially ending up costing you more than you collect.

I view insurance as being there for catastrophic events ONLY. A simple rollover like this, if you're mechanically inclined, is not catastrophic. Sure, a few evenings and weekends swapping on a new body (he is likely going to pick up my little black body - for free), but it's doable.

In fact, I carry only Liability (and uninsured/underinsured since I live in California) on all of my vehicles. And I carry quite a bit of it to protect myself - like $500K. That's a catastrophic loss - you cause a collision that results in others being injured. THAT is what insurance is for in my book - half million dollar incidents.

I've never filed a claim, and my rates (home and cars) shock most people. 0 claims = super cheap insurance. And every insurance company wants you!

Here's a way to save a few thousand dollars in your lifetime:

Carry only liability and uninsured/underinsured coverage. Take what save on the policy and put it in a savings account - or invest it (wisely). If a vehicle is ever stolen or you wreck it, use the money in the savings account and buy a new one with what you have. Otherwise, use the THOUSANDS you're saved to party like a rock star when you retire.

Edited by mws

Charlie is on his way home with Little Black!

It will be gun to see this project materialize. Charlie, keep us appraised and feel free to ask lots of questions!

hell yeah! i got home at 630ish PST. my friend and i chilled in Chico for a while before we headed back home. checked out the mall and stuff.

so we got the pathy in back yard all redneck-like. now i can find twice as many paths. here's some pix. now i just need to decide when my friends and i wanna work on it.

P7020103.jpg

P7020104.jpg

P7020105.jpg

NICE!!!

I'm glad it has worked out so smooth this far. Good luck with the rest, it shouldn't be too bad, just stay organized and label EVERYTHING!!!

Thanks Martin, for helping yet another person out!!

B

I lke the two people in the background in the first photo.... Looks like my neighbors when I bring a new project home....

"WTF is Martin dragging home now?"