Car has been getting keyed...

DJ Dank

Yeah I never officially found out the motive but I know it was all about the parking. He wasn't liking having to walk an extra 20 feet to his brother's house. He is an old man, remember!

The 4runner does need new tires bad as its been garaged all winter because of the amount of snow on the roads. But I am contemplating selling it. I really can't justify having 2 SUV's, even though I own both of them and they are all paid for. I'd love to get me a small car.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4runner does need new tires bad as its been garaged all winter because of the amount of snow on the roads. But I am contemplating selling it. I really can't justify having 2 SUV's, even though I own both of them and they are all paid for. I'd love to get me a small car.

LMAO. You have two similar SUVs, but the Toy is garaged for lack of tires? Sounds like selling it and getting an older civic or the like is the way to go... :beer:

B

So for the past 3 weeks, my Pathy and 4runner have been getting keyed parked on the street right in front of my house. I've got 2 pin stripes down the whole length of both sides of a black car. The 4runner is white and the scratches are not so noticeable.

I've been staked up outside my house hidden out of sight from the street by some bushes. Yes I pretty much spent about 20 minutes every night doing this trying to find the punk kids who I figured were the guilty ones. As of two nights ago, the Pathy had 4 gashes down to the metal total on both sides from the corner light all to way to the rear quarter panel.

2 nights ago I stood outside at around 10 pm and saw nothing. Yesterday morning, I wake up and see a fresh scratch on my drivers door that has metal and black shavings stll visible. I was PISSED.

So last night I was determined to stay outside as long as it took to catch the bastard(s). Around 10 PM I went outside for a smoke and was hunched behind my hedges and see my neighbor's brother show up. He's gotta be in his 50's. My neighbor is about the same age. Both guys with a full head of white hear. He pulls up in his Honda civic behind the 4runner.

He proceeds to get out and walk up to the 4runner and I see him look around and thenpunch his hand into the rear quarter panel and then walks down the whole length of the 4runner.

I jumped out of those bushes so fast and was screaming my head off and he absolutely froze and threw his hands up and couldn't say anything. I was screaming and about to bash his face in. His one hand still held the key that was used to key the car. He was mumbling and was saying he dropped his keys. But when I jumped out of the bushes, he was caught red handed standing in front of the drivers door/wheel.

I called the cops and they are only literally a block away. They saw the fresh scratch and the curled paint along the scratch. He denied the whole thing. The cops were pissed because they knew he was lying. At one point he said "uh..I guess my watch brushed up against it..."

I had to take the 4runner down to the station last night to have them take pictures. Felony Criminal mischief is what they will charge him for. The damage has to be over $1k to qualify and I know it will be.

The only down side to all of this, is last night was the night I decided to park behind the house instead of upfront and had I not done so, I'd be able to hold him liable for the REALLY bad damage he inflicted on my Pathy.

I'll post some pics here in a bit. Sorry for the long post/rant.

You should have given that POS a really good beating. The cops aren't going to do anything to this guy, it sounds like they don't have much proof. Simple assualt is a slap on the wrist, and the only way to truly teach this a-hole a lesson. It takes a really chichensh-t SOB to key a car.

• 1 month later...

Glad to hear it worked out in the end, DJ..unfortunate that you had to deal with all the crap in the first place. For those of you talking about weapons, double taps, etc...first, I don't condone offing a dude over something as menial as material possessions. Can he take it with him when he's dead? Maybe? Cool, 'cause I can't. Whatever. When it comes to family, however, I will defend that to his or my death, whichever comes first. Double taps are dangerous, unless you're very well trained and practice constantly. Miss a head shot, and what will you hit behind the head? In a moment of anger and fear, I doubt you will take your backstop into consideration. Center mass is the way to go. Greatest chance of hitting vital organs that will imobilize, and ulitmately lead to death. Warning shots are a big no-no. Say you shoot one over his shoulder into a wall...but he doesn't stop. So you shoot him in the face. He dies, cops show up. You get arrested for manslaughter. See, warning shots are a way of saying, "I'm in control of this situation and if you advance farther, I will f*ck you up"...but guess what, it only works in the military. And even then you're only allowed to do it with crew-served weapons or rifles. As a civilian, a warning shot still says you were in control, but by taking the 2nd shot and his life, it tells the cops that you were not acting out of self-defense, the primortal instinct to save your own ass at any cost necessary, but instead knew exactly what you were doing when you killed him. So it's manslaughter. Kill him right off, self-defense. Funny how that works. And he'd better damn well have had a gun pointed at you...3 things have to line up - oportunity, intent, and capability...if one is missing, you can't use deadly force, and it can't be considered self-defense. Not exactly sure how it works in the civilian world, but when I was on the security reaction teams on the ship, if there was a hostage situation, and someone had a gun pointed at someone's head....you couldn't shoot them. Unless the captain gave you permission. But AS SOON as that weapon was pointed at you or a team member...game on, bitch.

Wow...I just read this and must say you showed remarkable restraint. I'd have admittedly reacted differently. I would have let the bastard go the first time I caught him in the act...in fact I'd have stayed hidden and not shown my face. Then I'd have followed him to HIS house, bringing my cordless drill w/unibit and my cordless sheetmetal shears. Once he was asleep, I would have systematically removed EVERY outer body panel from his Civic, and left them on the ground for him to see in the morning. He deserves no better treatment than that.

My compliments once again on your cool-headedness.

Kudos on the catch DJ,

I have a problem sorta like this here in Hawaii, I've stayed up numerous times but have never been able to catch the person/s. My cars have been keyed, egged, and even tried to set on fire, came home one day in broad daylight to find a rolled up newspaper which seemed to have been soaked in gas or something, burning underneath my car. So, if I ever catch the person, taking him/her on a deep sea fishing trip on my 22 footer, maybe 20-30 miles out and see what kind of sharks I can catch with him/her!! :deadhorse::stickwack::owned::ar15: