front lift height?

whosfinder

I'd like to know the stock ride height myself... I lifted mine up because it was sagging badly... I had to get it re-cambered and re-aligned, and my CV boots are making funky noises... I think I went a little TOO high... the ride is also rock hard :(

Stock height? I suppose it would depend on where it's currently sitting. My advice is to crank 'em up to where you want it and get it aligned. Just don't let the UCA's ride on the bumpstops, your ride will be pretty harsh and you won't have any downward travel left. You can crank the front end up between 2-3" usually. A good rule of thumb is to leave about 1/2" between the UCA and bumpstop.

CV's shouldn't make any noise on a WD21 in 2WD. They don't spin.

Nissan has some funky angle measurements to make to determine stock ride height. SE's supposedly sat about 1" higher than XE's if that helps.

thanks for the help. i broke both front cv shaft over the weekend. tore both outer boots and drivers side inner. i never had the bump stops on the chassie. i lifted my pathy about 1/4" from touching the "bump stop feeler" on the uca. my cv angel is crazy. should have known my fault. im going buy some bump stops for the upper arms and drop it a bit. hope that works.

Edited by whosfinder

thanks for the help. i broke both front cv shaft over the weekend. tore both outer boots and drivers side inner. i never had the bump stops on the chassie. i lifted my pathy about 1/4" from touching the "bump stop feeler" on the uca. my cv angel is crazy. should have known my fault. im going buy some bump stops for the upper arms and drop it a bit. hope that works.

what were you doing to break the cv shaft? did your cv joint break off also or just he shaft? my cv joint make alittle noise but i'm too cheap to replace them. i still need to do alot of other things first. ie. right rear hub leaks.

Sorry to hijack this thread a little bit but... When you go for an alignment after re-indexing, do they set it to factory specs or do they use some other numbers. Seems to me if you go to high with the torsion bars they might not be able to get it right anymore. I wonder if a "regular" alignment shop (like Firestone for example) can handle it properly. Anybody out there who could share their experience with a realignment after raising the front?

Thanks

Doug Davis

you cant unlock the front cv shafts in 2wd. the transfer case is the only thing "unlocking" you have to buy some manual locking hubs to have a true 2wd set up when in 2wd on the transfer case..

i did break the drivers side inner cage. it started knocking and i kept driving on it we were far on the trail. did a high speed puddle run and broke the cage..it made it back home.. love that last part.. if i didnt have the manual locking hubs it wouldnt have made it home with out realy breaking something..

you cant unlock the front cv shafts in 2wd. the transfer case is the only thing "unlocking" you have to buy some manual locking hubs to have a true 2wd set up when in 2wd on the transfer case..

i did break the drivers side inner cage. it started knocking and i kept driving on it we were far on the trail. did a high speed puddle run and broke the cage..it made it back home.. love that last part.. if i didnt have the manual locking hubs it wouldnt have made it home with out realy breaking something..

My cv's dont' spin in 2wd :shrug: Thats what the auto hubs are for.

If a hub were stuck, it might be possible that the CV's would still spin in 2WD. Otherwise the auto hubs should allow the CV's to be stationary in 2WD.

I think my autos are stuck... which is strange because 4wd works great still and last winter my hubs worked great.

How difficult is the conversion to Warn Manual hubs... I may just do that and be done with it... would bolster my gas mileage a bit too :)