WHEELIN at Frank Raines

Slick

ok y'all........ the old fart (King) is alive and in much need of a good beating. who's with me?

Mark is going, and I have a friend with a stock X-Terra going for a maiden voyage too....... that makes 3 of us....... WHO ELSE WANTS IN????

we a re flexible either day, May 10th or 11th....... May 11th is Mother's day, so some of you may have a hard time escaping.....

lets hear what y'all have to say!

Edited by Slick

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am assuming that everybody that has said there are going, have no problem with either day. I am sure everybody has a preference. Post back which day you would be rather go. I personally prefer Saturdays. However I will be available to go either day.

Mark

yeah, Sunday would be best for me, as both myself, and my friend with the x-terra work saturday mornings til 1pm......

tho, i am the boss and could possibly fanagle us the day off........ :sly: so either day for us.

PLEASE STATE WHAT DAY IS BEST FOR YOU WHEN REPLYING SO WE KNOW WHAT DAY TO PLAN FOR. MAJORITY RULES ON WHAT DAY WE CHOOSE :beer:

Edited by Slick

Sounds like a good excuse to go visit my G'Parents. :hide:

c'mon up!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

**** I also thought mebbe BBQ'n would be fun up there*** opinions please!

Edited by Slick

well i work on that sunday, so saturday works for me :tongue:

i need to get an HB tcase shifter tho, since i can't get into 4Lo with my body lift and all :(

Remove the shifter ball, put a jack handle on the shifter rod. and bend it forward. That is what I did with mine. It is also possible that you could remove your rubber dust cover and you can get into 4wl without it until you get the other shifter. Hard body shifters are longer so it will still be at the same height as prior to the body lift, but I think you might still have to bend it, not 100% sure.

Mark

Edited by msavides

c'mon up!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

**** I also thought mebbe BBQ'n would be fun up there*** opinions please!

I know a little further down past the off road area is a huge picnic area. Me and a buddy used to go mountain biking there.

I know a little further down past the off road area is a huge picnic area. Me and a buddy used to go mountain biking there.

yeah, i forget exactly where, you'll have to show me. and in the staging area there's that BBQ inside (out of the sun) and the camping area too (may be able to sneak in there)....

LOOKS LIKE SATURDAY IT IS!

statuory ape said sat is good for him too.

Edited by Slick

yeah, i forget exactly where, you'll have to show me. and in the staging area there's that BBQ inside (out of the sun) and the camping area too (may be able to sneak in there)....

LOOKS LIKE SATURDAY IT IS!

statuory ape said sat is good for him too.

This gps location on google maps. the green patch. Frank Raines Park

37.420443,-121.372495

Remove the shifter ball, put a jack handle on the shifter rod. and bend it forward. That is what I did with mine. It is also possible that you could remove your rubber dust cover and you can get into 4wl without it until you get the other shifter. Hard body shifters are longer so it will still be at the same height as prior to the body lift, but I think you might still have to bend it, not 100% sure.

Mark

i'll definitely have to try that

This gps location on google maps. the green patch. Frank Raines Park

37.420443,-121.372495

you just reminded me that i have a gps unit! (it's new, that's why i didn't remember i had it)

and just so everyone knows, i don't have too much trail gear (i'll go out and buy some recovery straps tho)

since i'm new to wheelin and all

and just so everyone knows, i don't have too much trail gear (i'll go out and buy some recovery straps tho)

since i'm new to wheelin and all

i think between me n mark,w e got that covered. no worries :aok:

the x terra that's comin is a first timer..... and stock....

Edited by Slick

can i invite a friend with a yota? or do we wanna keep it Nissan?

ANYTHING is welcome, as long as attached are no stupid people........ :D

that's a good point. he is kinda stupid. i'll have to think about that one.

we prefer NOT to rescue dummies...... or "gung-hoers"....... everyone scheduled to go is sensible and cautious....... we'd like to keep it that way :)

we prefer NOT to rescue dummies...... or "gung-hoers"....... everyone scheduled to go is sensible and cautious....... we'd like to keep it that way :)

Speak for yourself.. :)

you jumped to that conclusion cause my pathfinder is in good condition without any trail damage.

I have a 50 foot adjustable tow strap plus 2 others and a winch.

I just have to get my synthetic line installed.

Speak for yourself.. :)

you jumped to that conclusion cause my pathfinder is in good condition without any trail damage.

I have a 50 foot adjustable tow strap plus 2 others and a winch.

I just have to get my synthetic line installed.

well, lets say when my ex's bro's truck got stuck in the mud pit, i had to run 100 foot of strap across cuz mini had no 4wd, so towing a full size chevy on 35's was NOT going to happen from the top....... so i did it across the mud pit from then instead... so yeah, i'm covered as far as lots of straps goes lol!

i don't have my come-alongs anymore...... so, recovery is fine if yer stuck, being stupid and doing stupid stuff.... i will leave you there to think about what you've done before i try any rescue efforts lmao

so exactly where are we gonna meet? in the park or at some fast food joint or what? just curious.

depending which direction yer comin from....... me, mark n fabian will prolly meet at my house or marks (i am right on I-5)....... if anyone is passin through our way, they can meet up with us, or our other spot is the gas station off the exit for the park. i am sure everyone will want last minute food/snacks/gas