Clunk at full lock in reverse

wspinks

I have developed a clunk under the front end when at full lock, either direction, in reverse. I think it is probably loose tie rod ends, but I wanted to get some input before replacing them. What are your thoughts?

It could also be the steering stops. They're known to have the plastic caps fall off, and then you get metal to metal contact.

if not, definitely tie-rod ends

Full lock means that the wheels are turned fully in one direction. I was simply looking for ideas of other potential problems before I begin to diagnose anything. Thank you for your sincere input, it was most helpful.

Have someone wiggle the steering wheel while you take a look at your steering components. That will give you a better idea of what to replace. Ive seen everything from bad inner/outer tie rods to a back rack, bad rack bushings.. it could be a lot of things. It could even be something like a bad strut or something with the front suspension.

Have someone wiggle the steering wheel while you take a look at your steering components. That will give you a better idea of what to replace. Ive seen everything from bad inner/outer tie rods to a back rack, bad rack bushings.. it could be a lot of things. It could even be something like a bad strut or something with the front suspension.

Thanks, I will check those things out. :beer:

Rack or tie rods. R50s have no steering stops. It is built into the rack.

D'oh...wasn't paying attention to the model of Pathy.

:handlebars: