tire size poll!

cuddey4x4

what size tires?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. what size tires are you running?

• 29-or less
    • 37+ or more

34 x 10.5 on stock 15" leggo rims. i have about 5" of suspension lift in the rear and a little less up front but hope to fix that today by adjusting the tbars AGAIN and the 1/2" ball joint spacers. i have no body lift as of now but was thinkin about a 1" BL. need a 1/4" wheel spacer in the rear due to very minimal frame rubbing at full flex. also need to do some fender trimming and hurculine the sides today as well. the sawzall is my friend :aok:

S6301306.jpg

S6301302.jpg

S6301304.jpg

S6301303.jpg

S6301297.jpg

S6301301.jpg

and most say you cant do 33's let alone 34's without a body lift?!?! i prefer fender modification/aerodynamic adjustments over body lifts :tonguefinger:

Edited by pathmaker1
  • Like 1

Pathmaker1: BJ spacers are not the way to go for longevity. They'll twist or crack your stock UCA's. You need body lift if you really want to clear those tires on anything other than a parking lot. ;) Go offroad, do some articulation and you'll tear your front fenders a new one.

Pathmaker1: BJ spacers are not the way to go for longevity. They'll twist or crack your stock UCA's. You need body lift if you really want to clear those tires on anything other than a parking lot. ;) Go offroad, do some articulation and you'll tear your front fenders a new one.

got Rough Country UCA's, Sway-A-Way tbars and just trimmed my front fenders...

before:

S6301302.jpg

after:

S6301315.jpg

S6301312.jpg

since those pics i have flatened out the pinch welds. i have not installed the BJ spacers and dont think im going to. they are only 1/2" spacers anyhow. i have heard loads of mixed feelings about the spacers and dont really wanna risk it on a trail but i am undecide right now. i have come to the realization that i will be replacing ball joints every couple trail runs and TRE's probably every year. After i ware out these tires i will be SAS'in her....figure about a year. My pathy is 95% trail truck so i dont mall crawl often....got the work truck for that :aok:

i still have to trim the rear fenders and ill post up how they look. at about 75% flex i was catchin the rear of the rear fender pretty bad but the front fender wasnt too bad at all.....before trimming. i was rubbin on the frame in the rear but i got 1/4" wheel spacers and that seemed to take care of it. i flexed it out again, after front fender trimming, about 75% and im not even close to grabbing the front fender. im a little more than 1/2" from the bump stops up front too. i got 10psi in my tires when i was flexin the 2nd time. like i said though im thinkin about a 1" BL. my body mounts are pretty much shot and i figure 1" will bring me back to "normal" but wont be too noticeable. oh and im hurculining the sides of my pathy this week from the pin stripe down.

all i need now is my CL from hoohaa and my calmini IAB and im ready to see how the pathmaker does on the trail. its a fun learning experience!!! oh and how i love my 4.6 gears.....

Edited by pathmaker1

why a 1" BL? go 3" ;)

no need for 3". i would have to take it off when i SAS her anyway. im not a fan of BL and dont like how the vehicle rides with a BL on....though it would make changing oil filter and alternator a hell of a lot easier!! im runnin no sway bars at all right now and body roll is already bad enough. i dont need to go up another 3" to make it worse. plus i like stuffin big tires under a truck with minimal lift and stock rims.....its a personal thing of mine. we will see how the 34's and fender trimming do at Rausch Creek, PA in 3 weeks....gonna be a BLAST!!

Rich