Torn seat

sigtauenus

What do you guys do with a torn seat? I went to some local salvage yards, and they told me they don't have any 98 pathfinders in the yard, too new still to buy (10 years old...). I haven't tried the dealership yet to see about getting a new upholstery set for it, because I'm assuming it will be way freakin expensive. My wife sewed it up for me, but where it ripped is so thin that it didn't hold and ripped again. I really don't care for the cheap seat covers sold at the chain auto parts places either. I wouldn't mind paying for it to be recovered if the price is reasonable, say $150-200 or so including the material.

Any suggestions?

With a little work you could swap them out with just about any kind of seat. I have Integra seats in mine and GrimGreg's are from a Maxima.

If you're already prepared to plunk down $200 or so on new seats, you might take a look at Wet Okole seat covers instead. They're made from wetsuit material and come in all kinds of styles and colors. Definately not the kind you'll find at the local auto parts store or Wal-mart.