Stuck rear passenger side door

RP94Pathy

I have a 94 pathfinder with a stuck rear passenger side door. Won't open form inside or outside handles, lock seems to function properly (although hard to tell obviously). Any ideas on how to get the door open? I'm not able to remove the inside panel while the door is closed.

Help!!

Unless you can take out the seat and gain access to remove the door panel you're prolly going to have to "slim jim" it open. Once you do you can replace the broken clips on the linkage rods for the handle.

Then again mine's a two door so what do I know. :shrug:

• 5 months later...
  • 7 years later...

My 98 pathy has the same prolm. The outside rear passenger door handle is "flopping in the wind" and the interior handle seems normal.

I took the inner handle out of the panel as much as possible and the rods are still connected. WTF?

It won't open and I can't remove the inner panel when the door is closed.

How DOO I get this open so I can fix it? Any help appreciated. I load a lot of stuff in an out so it wud be just swell to have it werking again.

Thanx Old Timer but U can't remove the inner door panel when the door is closed - it's up against the steel door frame and rubber gasket. So removing the seat does nuthin'.

Buuut..Anyone ever call Nissan about this?

I will luk into the slim Jim - Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...