Pipeline (Northern WI) over memorial Day

MikeV

I am dumb. I do not see the link on this post or on the "places to wheel" post. Hold my hand and help me out.

Thanks Kirk

Also by business I meant all the details.... But I guess I'l just give Mike a call.

lol.. you're right.. the places to wheel doesn't have any links as there is no official site and the pipeline is a 100mi long or something and there is no official anything about it.

i guess Mike wants you to PM him for the particulars. but the general area this is in is near Pound or Mountain, WI. the pipeling is somewhat near ma's and pa's park.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be running "the pipeline" this weekend. I'll post back when I return. It is rumored to be MUD MUD and more MUD. Have to find out first hand. No one I talked to has ever been there, but everyone has heard of it.

Mike whats going on with those hippies? -Kirk

I'll be running "the pipeline" this weekend. I'll post back when I return. It is rumored to be MUD MUD and more MUD. Have to find out first hand. No one I talked to has ever been there, but everyone has heard of it.

Mike whats going on with those hippies? -Kirk

Have my Ball Peen Hamma & a scissors to take care of the tree huggin' Hippies.

DNR was crying that there were going to be to many people there over the weekend; (No sh!t; it's memorial day!-)

OK heres the report: Put on about 200 miles off road in the Pipe Line trail area over the weekend. I started with what I thought was the start of the Pipe Line trail outside Mountain. It follows a underground gas pipe line. I'll start off by saying my Pathfinder would not make it throught the first hole I encountered. Nor would any Pathfinder. Just too much water. You might get 1/4 way through if you had a snorkle and if you hammerd on the gas. But would sure to get stuck bad. I don't think the conditions will change much in the next three weeks because there was still snow around and I expect the spring rains will not help. Other than that I drove as much of the trail as I could access. It's mostly sandy trail with alternate routes to avoid the tougher sections. Might be fun to watch others on this trail but it's better suited for bigger tire trucks running strong motors and mud tires.

But don't get discouraged. WOW.... there are so many trails up in that area one could get lost. I just drove down spur road to spur road to spur road. Some sand, gravel, grassy, muddy and yes rocks. :fireworx:

During most of Saturday I did not see a soul (except on pavement). Some stuff was like Baja two wheel drive drifting through corners sandy. Other stuff was slow and technical rocky. I did not have a detailed map with me and was lost most of the time untill I found pavement and was able to determine my position. A little unprepared but I did not know about all the trails in the area. Great time

If anyone plans on still going, there is sure fun to be had. I would love to meet up for a day of wheeling and exploring more of the area. I plan on going up for the holiday weekend staying in a cabin.

And Mike don't worry about those hippies. I closed a local bar down Staturday night and made freinds with a few folks. They didn't talk too kindly of tree huggers up there and everyone who owns property in the county loves to get muddy also. So not to worry the natives are friendly. They tell me it's a ZOO on the trail over that weekend. I can't wait.

Awesome,

I'm going Friday thu Sunday (Memorial weekend)

We are also going to Cliffs Insane Terrain on the 10th or 11th (need to see if I forgot to tighten anything!-)

Drop my truck off Wed for an alignment.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mike

What do you have in mind Mzxtreme? I was planing on going up to do some fishing and other stuff. I did want to devote a day to wheeling. Are you saying you won't be up Memorial day weekend? Do you want to plan another date? I'm fine with that. I would rather go with a few trucks so we can hit some of the trails I turned around on cause I was alone.

What do you have in mind Mzxtreme? I was planing on going up to do some fishing and other stuff. I did want to devote a day to wheeling. Are you saying you won't be up Memorial day weekend? Do you want to plan another date? I'm fine with that. I would rather go with a few trucks so we can hit some of the trails I turned around on cause I was alone.
bingo. :)

i wanted to come up memorial but it's a hell of a drive for me to get there. my g/f is working that saturday and with all the other stuff going on up there between the clubs and dnr etc.. etc.. i am thinking it may be best i come up another time. i really like exploring and poking around. so a smaller group would be better for that and i am not all that big on huge crowds. i also like camping out in the stix and right now it's kind of looking like i'd have to go to mccaslin which wouldn't be ideal.

so yes, sometime later this summer or early fall i'd like to come up. i may take a day off or possibly combine with my vacation if i decide to go N again this year.

bingo. :)

i wanted to come up memorial but it's a hell of a drive for me to get there. my g/f is working that saturday and with all the other stuff going on up there between the clubs and dnr etc.. etc.. i am thinking it may be best i come up another time. i really like exploring and poking around. so a smaller group would be better for that and i am not all that big on huge crowds. i also like camping out in the stix and right now it's kind of looking like i'd have to go to mccaslin which wouldn't be ideal.

so yes, sometime later this summer or early fall i'd like to come up. i may take a day off or possibly combine with my vacation if i decide to go N again this year.

Let me know and I'm there, need to do some fishing also!

Need to re-index my torsion bars and a rough alignment tonite before the alignment tomorrow morning;

So damn windy and cold though :(