What skid plate you recommend?

FUELER

I currently have nothing, the plastic one broke years ago

Im considering the AC 3/16 skidplate

would you guys recommend this or not worth it?

ANy other suggestions?

I currently have nothing, the plastic one broke years ago

Im considering the AC 3/16 skidplate

would you guys recommend this or not worth it?

ANy other suggestions?

I got mine frm the folks that do the AC lift. They have taken some serious hits and have worked out great for me. I put the front, middle and rear on my 2003. You can buy a package deal or just single skids. The diff plate is not worth the trouble.

Edited by RWC5S2

I have the ac skids as well and I am not worried about bottoming out anymore. I read a post somewhere how the center skid, if hit hard enough, will contact the the oil pan and damage it. I have thought about adding some sort of support to prevent that but have not yet done it. If piece of mind is what you want on mild trails then they are great. If your into rock crawling I would think they would get damaged pretty easy since they are just flat steel with no structural bends or folds

Just purchased my front, center and rear (t-case) skids today from Black Panther :D . He is out of Manitoba. Shipping was a bear but am told they are worth it. I think he said this was his last full set for the R50 but has several front skids still avail. I contacted him at blackpantherorders@shaw.ca

Aye I noticed afterwards he was from Manitoba, just hoped that since he had a shaw email and HitTheTrails is from Surrey that he was BC based. Wishful thinking :)

Just purchased my front, center and rear (t-case) skids today from Black Panther :D . He is out of Manitoba. Shipping was a bear but am told they are worth it. I think he said this was his last full set for the R50 but has several front skids still avail. I contacted him at blackpantherorders@shaw.ca

Shipping for mine was reasonable, compared to having them shipped from the states anyway :unsure:

Yeah I got an email back from marcello, his skid plates are the same price as AC but unfortunately shipping would have been more for me (I am extremely far from him)

Yeah, my budget is somewhere between zero and I shouldn't have spent what I have, so unless I can find a good bargain then won't be getting them :)

I'm just waiting for my suspension to go so buying a lift doesn't hurt as much. And on the good side someone hit my car while it was parked at work so I'm another step closer to justifying building a new bumper :)

Hey Guys!!! How's everyone doing? :)

I will be around I'm just getting things back to normal:)

Never forgot you guys with the hidden winch mount for the bumper either..... And all my plates work with that system.

Thanks,

Marcel