What do You use the rear in-floor storage cubby for?

BowTied

What do You use the rear in-floor storage cubby for?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. rear in-floor storage cubby use?

• Nothing! Too small to be useful.
    • Fits my laptop just sweet.
    • Firearm(s)
    • Road-side emergency kit
    • tow-straps etc.
    • It's a secret! I'll never tell!
    • Other

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jumper cables and a tow strap in the under carpet cubby, In the back side cubby I carry duct tape, electrical tape gloves, one of each screwdriver, plyers, flashlight with extra batteries a roll of twine and ofcourse the most important item, I fresh roll of toilet paper. it is tight and when I open it that crap spills out but oh well.

I picked "other" but I do not use it as I can not get to it easily:

Rack4withfloor_1.jpg

Because I keep all this in the back (my work stuff although the fire backback is only there in fire season):

Rackfinished_1.jpg

The side cubby gets used for a windup radio/flashlight, plus a couple of other small items.

'Other' has been added.

Pezzy Rocks!! :beer:

Great comments and ideas... I just thought of something else - a first aid kit. I think I am gonna put one in one of the compartments.....unless it dsplaces my smuggled liquor from Mexico, LOL!

Edited by BowTied

And that's for using at a public restroom, I hope, and not for wilderness use. White paper flowers in the forest suck.

Public Restroom on the trail? In the middle of the rocky's? Not likely I have a collapsable shovel I got at a army surplus store. If the situation arises like when we go camping, I dig a hole.

Wow pezzy, thats pretty ingenious. wish i had that kind of ingenuity. :aok:

Ditto! Hey, Pezzy, how is that shelf secured?

Ok, this is now the "where are all the places you store what stuff in your pathy?" thread.

:itsallgood:

Ditto! Hey, Pezzy, how is that shelf secured?

Ok, this is now the "where are all the places you store what stuff in your pathy?" thread.

:itsallgood:

Closer to the front of the truck, it's thru the little stock loop

BobCJuly90531.jpg

I had to drill thru the plastic, and make a loop of sorts for the other support

BobCJuly9051.jpg

That looks great...it's like what the X guys do, only they already have enough stock anchors to use...

They're lucky; because they already have the anchors that are so spaced apart they can use bigger racks. Man I love that mod.

insideview.jpg

After.jpg

Edited by navygz19

Yup, that's where I stole the idea, it's much easier in the Xterra, but meh, I got it done, and I have a lot of stuff up there!! I love it! (I only wish it looked as neat & tidy as it does in my pic above! lol

My only problem is how well does the stuff stay secured up there? I would put a little shield in the front or something cuz if your in an accident almost anything can do some damage, and any passengers would be the first to feel that...I love the idea though and might start looking into something like that...love it Pezzy!!

Yup, that's where I stole the idea, it's much easier in the Xterra, but meh, I got it done, and I have a lot of stuff up there!! I love it! (I only wish it looked as neat & tidy as it does in my pic above! lol

Is the plastic relatively strong? Did you drive a bolt through and secure it on the other side of the plastic with a large washer and nut? I've thought about doing the same thing (b/c of the X guys as well :D ) but wasn't sure about the strength of the plastic. But you've wheeled the hell out of yours haven't you?

The bolt is actually into the metal behind the plastic, I found a hole there where a bolt the same size as the one that holds the stock loop in threads in perfectly.

As you mentioned, The shelf is somewhat L shaped, so the lip is at the back, nothing ever falls forward into the passenger area... things sometimes fall backwards when I am wheeling, I have a couple bungee cords across the back now, but something usually falls anyway.

Most of the stuff up there is pretty light, spare coat, rain jacket, bug jackets, tarp, blanket... I have a couple heavier things like the hand held CB, First Aid Kit, and another set of jumpercables... but like I said it always falls out the back, into the cargo area.

Im right behind ya navy...a good project to do while taking a break from replacing bushings...kinda funny i work at a hardware store as well, i work at Home Depot, in the paint department

BOG BOX KILLER!!! JFWY, I work at a tiny General Merchandise store that's been in business for 50 years (mostly a hardware store with other things like a small contract-unit USPS office, outside decor, BBQ's, sh!t like that) There's only 8 of us who work there, including the owner. But we're sucking recently because of the BLowe's that opened up right down the road and the HD that's another 2 miles away from the BLowe's and the Wally World as well. Not going to be in business too much longer.

Support you local Mom and Pop shop!!

It's great for smuggling extra liquor bottles back from Mexico!

BTW, I think the correct phrase is "Useless as tits on a snake."

I knew which one they were referring to. You can't fit all bottles, but you can some. And I do use the side one too when necessary.