Doug Thorley Headers Group Deal

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look nice and all, but they go for $350 uncoated (bare steel) and won't bolt up to the factory exhaust.

They'd be great for someone planning to go full-custom on the rest of the exhaust system, but that carries a lot of extra expense.

I'm not trying to dog you, but I don't see these as a cost effective alternative to Thorley. Thanks for the heads up though.

Even with the thorleys you should get your exhaust re-ran anyways with 2.5" pipe since thats what the headers were designed to be ran with anyways.

will these fit an auto without "fabrication" im in the middle of an engine swap so perfect time to get them. Also is there no chance for ceramic coated?

Yes.

They are designed to bolt to Cat in the stock location.

So is this actually happening? Cos I already ordered mine from Summit, but if this will get them here faster and around the same price( 368, including shipping) I will cancel that order and get them from here.

I needed 10 people and lost some, where are we? Did we get a few back? Add yourself to the last list. Lets get a final count and confirmation by Monday the 7th and I will try and get them to do it with the number of people we end up with. Once I get a confirmation it is a go!

So is this actually happening? Cos I already ordered mine from Summit, but if this will get them here faster and around the same price( 368, including shipping) I will cancel that order and get them from here.

I couldn't find the Thorley's on Summit...do you have a link?

Thorley is no longer making headers for our Pathys and I was wanting to know how many people were interested in them. I can get us set-up with a great deal if we can get enough people interested in them. I know I am as the manifolds are a problem area.

How many people would be interested in Thorley headers in the $340-$350 range?

Mark

I got mine 2 months ago @ AutoAnything for like 350. Shipping is free and I'm very happy with them. I run a 2.25 cat and muffler form magnaflow with it and my MPG has gone up a bit; 20mpg highway!

possibly intrested again. saw my buddies with them. and there better then the pacesetters for sure. anybody know if these willfit a 94 i forgot what they were built for or whether they will fit at all

I couldn't find the Thorley's on Summit...do you have a link?

Just put in P/N DTE-464-2 and it will come up.

The "Auto anything" link only listed pathfinders up to 89, or will it fit 91-95s too?

The DTE-464-2 will fit all vg30 pathfinders 87-95 auto and manual (reguardless what the notes say) and I belive It also fits all d21 hardbodies w/ vg30 as the engine/enginebay/ tranny layout(main obstacles) are basically the same.

Depending on how your engine sits (.25" left or right) on its mounts you may have to dent one of the pimaries (about .125" to clear your steering shaft)

The DTE-464-2 will fit all vg30 pathfinders 87-95 auto and manual (reguardless what the notes say) and I belive It also fits all d21 hardbodies w/ vg30 as the engine/enginebay/ tranny layout(main obstacles) are basically the same.

Depending on how your engine sits (.25" left or right) on its mounts you may have to dent one of the pimaries (about .125" to clear your steering shaft)

DTE-464-2 is summits P/N for Thorley P/N THY-464-2 which is specifically for 90-95 Pathfinders.

The Autoanything.com P/N you linked us to is THY-464-1 which is specifically for 86-89 Pathfinders according to Thorleys instructions. In the pictures of the two you can see the very slight differences, primarily in length of the different parts, and where the gaskets are flipped on the right hand header(right hand in the picture).

I dont know what kind of effect the differences would have in fitting to the car in general, or sealing to the engine.

IIRC, the only differences between the VG30i and VG30E headers are smog/EGR hookups. VG30i's have two hookups: the AIV system AND the EGR.

So theoretically I should be able to use the 86-89 on a 90-95? What would you do to block the AIV hookup? or would you need to?

If you look at the pictures of both of them the right hand side gasket does look flipped though.