UCA Bushings shot

wheel366

I got my brakes installed today. Feels pretty good. I am about to go outside and bed them. I did little braking on the way home from the shop so I could do this right.

Now, when they took my truck for a ride they said it wandered like crazy, which I already knew. He looked at it and said that my upper control arms are shot. Then he said the bushings are shot but couldn't get a good look at the actual arms until he takes it apart. I told him that the control arms are like super duper and it is most likely the bushings. I called Calmini and the guy agreed with me that the arms are most likely fine. They have never had an instance where the arms are shot. He said the bushing are meant to last a long time. I told him they have about 35k miles on them and none of them are from off roading. They told me that if is most likely due to improper initial installation.

Just more sh!t to deal with. Ugh........... I'm not getting this fixed until the spring.

Anybody have something similar happen? Any ideas?

Not a clue. I don't know if Calmini retained stock bushing sizing on their UCA's. Worth a shot, but I wouldn't bank on it. Do the Calmini arms use the stock spindles to mount to the frame?

Then at least the ID will be good. Wheel, I agree with Casey....you're the test subject! That'd solve a lot of problems for a lot of Calmini owners.