Be glad you don't own a ford right now...

87pathmaker

So let me get this straight.......these guys are doing free promo/advertising for Ford products by showing of show car made out of regular stock vehicles and Ford wants to spend money on lawyers to make sure it doesn't happen.....Someone in Ford marketing needs to get their but kicked!

I've owned my fair share of cars over the years..the Ford's always sucked. Let them dig thier hole..after crap like this ford fans are going to disappear..and reappear somewhere else as they find new cars/trucks that, typically are far superior products..

Flip

Over

Read

Directions

hmm, guess I don't fit in in this thread....

Two (Ford) cars I have owned

1 = One of the best cars I have ever owned, it was way more reliable that the Nissan I currently have

2 = One of my most favorite cars I have had

:shrug:

If you listen close you can hear the hammer. It's the sound of Ford putting another nail in their own coffin.

We had 3 different Phords while I was growing up. My dad had a F-150 that was nuthing but a pain in the butt "what's going to need to be fixed next" type of truck that left our whole family stranded on the side of a hwy several times. My mom was a tempo driver. same s??t different phord. Those 3 vehicle insured that I would never in a million years buy a phord. These were used vehicles but not "old" by anyones standards.

The worse thing about those POS's breaking down was that it was always something simple and stupid.

When I worked for Oreilly Auto Parts a couple of years ago we had a district meeting for the 7 stores in out district. We all got to talking about different car companies and the D-manager pretty much told the entire staff that we should be thankful for Ford mostly, and Dodge/Chevy. Without them pumping out junk cars/trucks Oreilly wouldn't exist. While I worked there I think 60% of the parts I sold were for fords and half of those were motorcrap brand items. Then on top of that we had quite a bit of the people buying motorcrap stuff bring it back because "something" seemed to always be wrong with it.

Funny thing to think about:

Toyota now has MORE parts and cars made and assembled in the US than any other car maker. (Don't try to tell a Ford/Chevy guy that, they'll argue about something they know nuthing about for hours.)

business-autoshow-ford-truck-dc_120108.jpg I think it's hilarious that I got this pic next to the Phrase "Korean Cars"

Yeah....I see cars around here driving around with bumper stickers stating...

"Out of a job yet?!?!?

Keep buying foreign!"

Funny thing is, it's always on Ford or Chrysler vehicles NOT built in Canada. The oldschool "domestic" lovers don't know their heads from their asses in that sense, and don't realize that, as TC said, more Toyota's and, following closely behind, Honda's are built in North America than their "domestic" counterparts.

• 2 weeks later...

here is my little chime in on that....a

A i am getting out of a 95 f-150 4x4 i never got it to be lifted casue it had a rotted spring shackle bracket and low and behold that part is on national back order and not available anyplace even at a dealer. it sucked in fuel economy and to change valve cover gasgets it was like a 3 hour job i had the 5.0 with the "comb over intake"

B mom has an 05 stang gt not gonna lie its a bad mutha shut yo mouth on the flip side 5 different times now she had smashed the peddle to the floor and got on it and then lifted her foot off the peddle and the throttled stayed at wide open.

dad took it back to the dealer 3 different time all 3 times they have not been able to find anything wrong with it they say it is a software glitch since the throtle is computer controlled how awsome is that..

C what a dumb bunch of idiots if i had a products and people wwere trying to show off how bad they could be made to perform or look and were putting my product out there for free(to me) i would take the free advertising not peez off larg forums dedicated to my product