Pathfinder project on Extreme 4X4 T.V. show? UPDATE

jitterymonkey

Yea, she ain't there anymore but the Rascal Flatts haircut dink is still there

She showed up on a couple episodes of Mythbusters. And Rascal Flatts haircut describes him perfectly.

That's some funny shizzzz!

Hmmm, I'll have to message him & see what info he can give. Just thinking with it being that tough, why not keep everything Nissan.

Peace!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just went back and read the whole thread. Wow, there are some pretty impassioned responses here.

I've known Ian Johnson (host of xtreme 4x4) for a few years now and he's a good dude. I actually helped build the car he and Jimmy Penner (essentially offroad) built for KOH a few years back. You have to remember something about that show, or for that matter, all the offroad magazines: they are building things using donated parts, donated by companies with the intention of them being shown in a positive light for marketing purposes.

That being said, they began that build intending to highlight some custom hybrid 9"/portal axles from a company that went tits up. The build was shelved for a long while until I believe it was brought back to be fair to the folks that had already donated parts to the build. The ARB bumper, winch, all the cal@!*%ty parts, the roof rack, the re pop engine...all of those things were given for a build that xtreme 4x4 had a moral obligation to finish. With that in mind, they threw together one last show to finish the build. It wasn't the best they could do to impress the small nissan offroad following, it was quick and to the point to get it done.

After it was completed, they put smaller dick cepek tires and wheels and some bump stops and used it as they said they were going to. It hauled equipment to film the bigger builds.

When I got it, someone had put 15,000 miles on so it got used. I drove if home and parked it and it is getting ready to become a more qualified trail rig, but still street legal grocery getter/tent and sleeping bags hauler. Eventual plans are for RCVs up front, 37s, an atlas, and wheeling the piss out of it.

That'd be me.

I picked her up in January. No build thread yet, but it's in the shop getting a real 4 link (aka, no Panhard bar) and a few other...uhh...kinks worked out.

:aok: Nice to see another project truck went to a good home!!!!