Replacement Steering Wheel?

I searched and didn't see anything addressing this, so apologies if it has been covered before.

Anyway, I have a leather-wrapped steering wheel on my 94LE Auto, and the leather is starting to crack and split. It looks like crap. I'm wondering what my options are to have it repaired/replaced. I don't really want to put an aftermarket wrap on it, the stealership wants $600+ for a new steering wheel, and I called a couple places in the area and those that will redo it want at least $300.

Any suggestions? What year steering wheels will work? (I have cruise control and such on the wheel, too.)

These looks pretty close:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=110164056276

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=250106428855

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Notice neither of those have a center? 96+ have airbags.

Otherwise, I'm not sure which other Nissans have the same steering shaft, and the only years like yours were 94&95 for Pathfinders.

I have same problem on my 95 SE. Need new wheel or have someone replace the leather. If you figure out how to get this done let me know since I want to fix mine as well.

• 2 weeks later...
I have same problem on my 95 SE. Need new wheel or have someone replace the leather. If you figure out how to get this done let me know since I want to fix mine as well.

You might check corvette forum for a guy named Chuck Pelton--he used to get around $200.00 exchange for a leather wrapped C-3 wheel--I've seen his work and it looks as good as factory stuff---but being the cheapskate that I am, I went for a kit and did my own--didn't turn out too bad.

Good Luck

You might check corvette forum for a guy named Chuck Pelton--he used to get around $200.00 exchange for a leather wrapped C-3 wheel--I've seen his work and it looks as good as factory stuff---but being the cheapskate that I am, I went for a kit and did my own--didn't turn out too bad.

Good Luck

Thanks Tposton

what kit did you use and did you stitch it yourself?? Any pics?

Thanks Tposton

what kit did you use and did you stitch it yourself?? Any pics?

It was a WheelSkin--got it from Sparkle Auto Detail in Garden City, Ks---stitched it myself, kit comes w/waxed thread and needles--kinda tough on old fingers, though. Got a picture somewhere; I'll try to fing it.