New bumper

bradb

After the TJM bumper fiasco last spring,I decided to have a local shop do a custom job for me.However,the Pathfinder got "promoted" to daily driver status for most of the summer,so I wasnt able to leave it at a shop for a week or two.Or three.But I got a good deal on a new car [ '04 G35 sedan!!!]and called Hunter Offroad,my "bumper guy" to let him know I was ready whenever he was.After a month or so of waiting,he was free,so we made an appointment to drop off the Pathy.I took off the plastic bumper cover the day before,and went to the shop to plan what I wanted vs what he thought he could do.Turns out he had way more ideas than I had,we came up with a tube design,incorporating a Warn M8000 winch,original turn signals,and some huge Pro Comp lights.He started planning,I ordered a winch,and after a couple days of waithing, I dropped off a 90lb Warn box at his shop,and the fun began!Several trips to the shop to check progress and brainstorm,and Presto!! Its done! All thats left is wiring the lights,and mounting the control box for the winch.Looks like the only choice I have for the box is between and behind the new lights,one more mounting bracket and it should be good to go.100_0540.jpg100_0538.jpg100_0543.jpg100_0541.jpg

hey now, nice work. That guy likes his job, alot of nice attention to detail. My only question really is aren't you a little nervous about the radiator taking a hit from, well, anything? It's a question i've debated when i consider this project for myself. that thing hangs down there...

either way, it's sweet. Congratulations.

WOW that is a bad ass bumper!! How much did you pay, and where??

And thet cop car is sweet too! Anybody notice that it's running 92-95 Honda Civic headlights/corner lights?

Except that cop car has aftermarket clear corners, still made for a Civic though

95Civic1-Charcoal.jpg

Edited by FUELER

Nice bumper setup!! I'd save up for a few pieces of diamond plate or similar material cut-to-fit to fill in the holes under the turn signals and keep road debris out of the front end. There are a TON of little-to-large rocks that hit the front of your vehicle while driving, wrecking your AC condensor or radiator is a definite let-down when trying to go places. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
There are a TON of little-to-large rocks that hit the front of your vehicle while driving, wrecking your AC condensor or radiator is a definite let-down when trying to go places. ;)

You can say THAT again!!

I had a rock puncture my AC condenser deep into Baja.... It sucks driving a black SUV in 100 degree weather with no AC. It sucks even more knowing that you drove a hundred miles, with the AC compressor running dry, until you realized what was up.

It was a $500 repair.

Now I have a black metal screen (like mesh) in all my front grilles, and I can see where they've already done their job several times.

GUARD YOUR CONDENSERS AND RADIATORS, my friends!!! But do not block the airflow!

Edited by FUELER