Annoying Squeaks

Guest Hamps

Guest Hamps

96 Pathy.

When I start driving after its rested all night I can drive in it about ohh 20 minutes with no squeakage.. its the greatest 20 minutes ever lol

but then like clockwork it always comes.. a high pitch squeel that is coming from my right tire side.. when i come to stops i hear it sorta squeel to a stop.. its goes WEEEEYEYEYeeeyeyeeeehhh as i get slower

then same thing when i start movin again, hhhheeeeeeyeyeyeyeEYEYEWEEYEYE lol

the most aggravating noise ever..

also if im goin over 20mph the slightest turn of the steering wheel to the right, im talking like half an inch turn.. doesn't even move the car its so slight.. it'll squeek, i get bored sometimes while driving and pretend its some kind of turn table and go squeeky sque sque squeek squeek.. and when i take long right turns or curves it just squeeks till the turn is done..

First, I thought it was shocks, then I thought it was something with breaks cause of it happening while stopping, now i dunno what to think. A friend suggested it might be the CV joints.. he said something about when getting hot they squeak.. which might explain why it only happens after 20 min..

anyone ever have this or know what it could possibly be so i can take it to the shop again and suggest it, rather than saying i dunno it goes WEEYEYEYE to the guy..

I took it up there once before and he thought he fixed it but nope..

Outer tie rods dry? Inner steering knuckle CV joint seals dry? Dunno, there are a LOT of things rotating under there that could make it squeak. Try attacking any offending or suspicious-looking joints with WD-40 or a penetrating lubricant. Do NOT spray anything on the brakes. :)

• 1 year later...
96 Pathy.

When I start driving after its rested all night I can drive in it about ohh 20 minutes with no squeakage.. its the greatest 20 minutes ever lol

but then like clockwork it always comes.. a high pitch squeel that is coming from my right tire side.. when i come to stops i hear it sorta squeel to a stop.. its goes WEEEEYEYEYeeeyeyeeeehhh as i get slower

then same thing when i start movin again, hhhheeeeeeyeyeyeyeEYEYEWEEYEYE lol

the most aggravating noise ever..

also if im goin over 20mph the slightest turn of the steering wheel to the right, im talking like half an inch turn.. doesn't even move the car its so slight.. it'll squeek, i get bored sometimes while driving and pretend its some kind of turn table and go squeeky sque sque squeek squeek.. and when i take long right turns or curves it just squeeks till the turn is done..

First, I thought it was shocks, then I thought it was something with breaks cause of it happening while stopping, now i dunno what to think. A friend suggested it might be the CV joints.. he said something about when getting hot they squeak.. which might explain why it only happens after 20 min..

anyone ever have this or know what it could possibly be so i can take it to the shop again and suggest it, rather than saying i dunno it goes WEEYEYEYE to the guy..

I took it up there once before and he thought he fixed it but nope..

You know what? I get that same squeal. It only happens, like you said, after a long rest. When I start the car going, and come to a stop it squeals really loudly... But, after a while of driving, mine goes away.

I too was thinking it was the CV joints since I still have auto hubs. If it is the CV joints, what else may need to be replaced that goes along with having auto hubs?

I got rid of a bad squeak with some silicone spray. It was the rubber on the edges of the windshield, were the doors rub on them (low down on the windshield).

Probably does not help with your problem, but thought I would add my 2 bits.

i had a similar problem myself..i thought it was the breaks as well but it started happenin when i was just drivin and i got so irritated and just changed the brakes anywasy.. and it turned out the brakes were causin al the squeaks but its gone now

• 5 months later...

Well mine is back again, and its irritating me. I hate driving through a parking lot and people staring at my truck cause its making noise. When I move slowly (parking lot) it makes the sqeal. sqeak, sqeak, sqeak. I thought it was my brakes, but from I've read, 20,000 miles won't wear it out that fast. And also, when let's say I slow down for a speed bump, it goes away until I release the brakes and coast again. I just had my axels replaced and the mech said it included boots. Are the boots and joints the same thing? Oh well, the time I had the axels changed, I told them to just change the oil since its been lifted. They didn't even change my filter. What else can I trust them with next?

Edited by 90seven

If they didn't change the filter, I wouldn't trust them with anything....

I get a squeak too while I'm driving. I know it's my brakes. How many miles do you have on your truck? It is possible that the calipers are sticking and causing the pads to contact the rotors and wearing the pads out prematurely. That's whats going on with mine. I replaced my pads about 20,000 miles ago, and they're down to the squeal strips. I'm reluctant to replace it though, because I need new rotors and calipers, and that'll get expensive.

Well, I have about 143K. Feb 05 I change my brakes and rotars. You know what... Now that you mentioned the calipers. When I slow down to a stop light, I can feel a jerking motion as I halt to complete stop. As if my brakes are tapping on the rotars. I have ABS, but I know it doesn't kick in at slow speeds.... or does it?

And also, when let's say I slow down for a speed bump, it goes away until I release the brakes and coast again.

That is the key. It goes away when you put on the brakes.

Your pads are almost worn out or a caliper is sticking or some other brake related issue.

Yeah, mine USED to go away when I pressed the brakes...I figure the problem has gotten worse because now a new squeak comes into play when I press on the brakes...haha.

Don't worry, I'm getting it fixed soon. ;)