Plenum Spacer

jreidg3

Does anyone have the part # for the intake manifold gasket? I am hopeing there is a gasket so it can be copied out of delrin which my friend said would not be a problem. I was thinking of having the test spacer 1/3" thick, does this sound about right?

Looking around the net there are manifold spacers and plenum spacers, I am assuiming the manifold spacer would be better since it is lower?

Edited by GrnMchn

I am tempted to buy this for myth-busting. I would probably have a better chance at causing an intake manifold leak than seeing any performance gain. I have dyno result in my current near-stock condition.........hmmmmmm.

I have the lower intake manifold gasket part number.....the one inthe middle of the plenum would not help....as it would leave a gap in the outside edge of the plenum...that would have to be traced.

#14033-4w010

Thanks, give me a few weeks/ couple months and I may have something.

I thought the point of a "plenum spacer" was to open up the air chamber before it gets to the lower im, in that case for the 3.5 you would need the 2 gaskets for where the upper plenum meets the lower one, which is probably why nobody makes one already even if you raised the plenum a half inch the only space would be created where the two halves meet and i dont think there would be any gains there, def not for the money involved. but if someone can prove me wrong there that would be awesome! good luck to ya :)

I am going to find a way to route that coolant line around the thorttle body instead of through...that HAS to make a difference!?

I have rerouted the coolant line through the throttle body on all my cars over the last few years without any negative effect, only a little more HP at operating temp. I did it on a 96' Z28, 96' tacoma 3.4L, and a 95 Lexus SC400

If the lines are long enough just unplug them and use a brass male/male connector in between. I haven't done this yet on my 3.5L pathfinder but am planning to....