Plenum Spacer

jreidg3

"Thats for a 350z or G35. It wont fit a pathfinder. Intake plenums are different."

I was going to say that too but when you go to the site it lists the pathy and others as well with the 3.5 might be bs but they might actually make one for the trucks. i dont think its worth 200 bucks though.

Edited by Jarsiff

Intake manifold gasket is not a gimmick. It actually makes a big difference. Without a gasket, the intake plenum gets really hot, and with a gasket installed, the intake plenum stays cool to the touch.

Hondata and AEBS have done a lot of research on these gaskets. "Around town, testing has shown an average drop of around 10 degrees C which is good for around 3 percent power increase. Remember though that 3 percent power increase is difficult to feel. You'd feel a greater change in performance getting rid of that passenger. In certain conditions a 30° C drop has been measured."

Dag-on what a tough croud? :ar15::lol:;)

I had a Honda with an original 1.6l V-tec....very loud grrrrr-gaaaaaaaa V-tec, cooler intake was a really big deal...this is a small displacement motor, high compression, variable valve timing--my point is that I think when you have small ponies, everything counts.....in my case I had medium ponies around 215-220 and a car that weighs nothing 1800lbs? you feel it all. Our rigs are small ponies and have heavy bodies, may not be noticable but it is always the exponent of it all

EXAMPLE: Cold Air Intake without exhaust-----VS.-----Cold Air intake with vehicle specific tuned exhaust (I had the latter)

----------Why don't we ask the dude with the 410 HP QX4 that's on eBay right now???--------------------------------Lol

Edited by 98silverpathy

Yah, with dry ice on top of the intake. *snic*

I want dyno sheets! Until then I call shens. ;)

I don't have any dyno sheets but I have felt intake manifolds on the same car with and without the gasket and I can tell you, it makes a world of difference in terms of engine heat. Its the difference between cool to the touch on your fingers, VS. frying an egg.

Edited by FUELER

Did anyone here ever install the TB spacer for the 3.3L ??

I looked at the idea before I rid my '98...I was thinking more of using 2 of them to get the benefit of more air during quick acceleration, and perhaps diving in more to stopping heat in the intake (get rif of those coolant lines!).

• 2 weeks later...

Response from Skunk2:

Thank you for contacting the Helpdesk at Skunk2 Racing.

The Skunk2 Plenum Spacer was made for the 350Z and G35, so those are the only chassis we can guarantee that plenum spacer will work with. Any other chassis that use the VQ35 may have clearance issues when using our plenum spacer.

If you have any more questions regarding Skunk2 products or policy please let us know. Thanks.

Brian Nichols

Customer Service

Skunk2 Racing

2050 5th St.

Norco, Ca

Thanks for using the help desk, if you have any further difficulties or are required to respond to your request, please login to the help desk

Was this response helpful? We would be grateful if you would submit a short rating for this response as part of our satisfaction monitoring.

http://www.skunk2.com/cgi-bin//pdesk.cgi?d...;key=gtmI93fH0m

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooo.............thos with the 3.5, did anyone measure to see if thee is room to lift the intake manifold 5/16" inches? Remove the plastice 3500 shroud and measure for us (and me!) I am serious about ordering this since I will be taking care of the butterfly valves also. Dyno'd at 10 WHP and 8 TQ WITH 2 MPG is worth the bucks, since cams are only estimated at 10-15 HP on the VG's for a grand number of $560 just for cams!!

Anybody? I just need the distance, even approx, from top of plenum (with or without the plenum 3500 cover) to the hood insulation1 It looks to me like the plastic cover has been notched to fit the hood, I can deal without the cover easily.....besides there are other spacers out there that show dyno's proving that 5/16" is largest gain without hassle..............hook me up...I will buy the part and be a Guninnea pig!!

Motorydyne

Edited by 98silverpathy

My $0.02:

take silly putty (or something like it) and put a good sized piece on where it looks like the least distance. Slam the hood and then find out how much space there is between the hood and the intake.

Easiest way I can think of without tearing stuff out.

The intake manifold for the 350z and our pathys is alot different, what they did is assume that all the 3.5's do in fact have the same IM and list all models that came with that engine...kinda shows rushed and shoddy salesmanship in my opinion and they should check their facts,

ps i think ive said this before but im no expert here, from the IM's that I have seen, they look nothing like mine so i think this is a false ad.

I have a friend that works in a machine shop with CAD has access to all those crazy water jet cutters. He is going to check on a few things but he said if I suply him with the gasket to go off of he probably could make some spacers. It may take a couple weeks to get an answer but we may have a little poney helper in the future.