Hollister Hills This Saturday?

SC88Pathy

I'm (hopefully) getting new tires this week. The tire place said they should have them in stock sometime this week. So I'm going to need to test these new tires out! Who's down for a wheeling trip this Saturday (7/21)?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awww crud, just found out i cant go saturday. i have to take my dad and my girl friend to the dentist in san fransisco and i have to go pick up a winch in sf too. can we do this on sunday?

No can do, I work on Sundays and I'v been taking too many days off recently to get it off.

Although this might not work out, seeing as how the tire place still hasn't called me back to let me know if the tires are in stock.

If they don't call me by 4 tomorrow I'll call and see whats up. This might have to wait for next weekend...

OK my tires won't be here until Monday. :thumbsdown:

But Enjoi and I are still going this saturday. I'll just thrash the hell outa my old tires, give 'em a nice send off.

Next weekend might be on too, although maybe I'll wait to test the new tires until the charity run...

This Saturday the 21st! Meet up times and such TBA

The 28th would be cool. I could do some wheeling in holister and then hit up the garlic festival in gilroy. A two for one trip.

Mark

The 28th would be cool. I could do some wheeling in holister and then hit up the garlic festival in gilroy. A two for one trip.

Mark

I might go on the 28th as well. I'll see how this weekend goes.

yea, lets all go next saturday. that way i can go too as well as the people who cant make it tommorow. it would be awesome to get 5-6 guys to go.

Enjoi and I are definatly going tomorrow, and I'll probably want to go again next week with the new tires. We'll be meeting at 10AM at the Costco on the Almaden Expressway in San Jose.

Woohoo today was fun! Pics will be up soon.

I think I want to go again next week, as I'll have new tires, and there were a couple of situations where the bald street tires definatly didn't help (namely the ledge at the top of Chaparral road. I couldn't get any traction. And when I finally did I almost got high centered. Backing down Chapparal Road = NOT fun)

I'm pretty sure I'll be going again this Saturday (7/28), as long as my front suspension gets a clean bill of health from the tire shop. It's been making some creaks and clangs that aren't altogether confidence inspiring.

Edited by SC88Pathy

I'm pretty sure I'll be going again this Saturday (7/28), as long as my front suspension gets a clean bill of health from the tire shop. It's been making some creaks and clangs that aren't altogether confidence inspiring.

eh, thats why we test the parts off road. the weak parts will break.

eh, thats why we test the parts off road. the weak parts will break.

:laugh:

I suppose that's true, and nothing broke when I was hammering it trying to get up the last ledge on Chapparal Trail...

:laugh:

I suppose that's true, and nothing broke when I was hammering it trying to get up the last ledge on Chapparal Trail...

How did truck hill look last weekend? My main reason for going this Saturday will be to climb it. Who all is going to make it this Saturday? (7-28)

Mark

How did truck hill look last weekend? My main reason for going this Saturday will be to climb it. Who all is going to make it this Saturday? (7-28)

Mark

It looked very steep and very dusty. Enjoi and I looked down it from the Hill Climb Return trail. It looked like somebody had made it up earlier that day and started leaking coolant or some other fluid once they got to the top.