R50 Lift

kg03

Hi all, faily new and i believe my first post. I am interested in lifting my QX4 up to the 2 inches offered by AC. It is my understanding that the ac coils are the same height just a higher spring rate ( more harsh ride i presume) and the ome coils are the same spring rate just taller. I don't care to have a stiffer spring but a higher ride height. Is it possible to just by the rear 2" lift springs from ac and just put spacers above my stock coils.

What issues would this cause. Is it a good/bad idea.

I have read some of the posts of you guys who have lifts. If anyone that has a Qx4 that they switched the coils for the ome or ac could give me some insight from experience I would appreciate it. It is also my understanding that the QX4 and pathfinder's OEM springs are designed at a different spring rate.

I like the handling *after* the AC lift ALOT better than stock. It feels much more stable, especially when going through those big curves on highways, it feels alot more like its resting flat than leaning into it.

Do the full AC lift. You will be very happy with the results. Much better ride. You can choose to use softer or stiffer shocks and struts depending on how cushy you want the ride. AC will walk you thru which ones to get depending on your preferences.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

do you have any lift what so ever? i run 31's with my lift not in yet and i have minimal rubbing at extreme turning. i had to do no trimming even for off roading, 32's will clear, but youll have to do some trimming on the plastic inside the wheel well.

My wheels are 15x8 with 3.75 backspacing. Wondering if the 32/11.5r15 will clear. 2 inch lift btw

Exactly what I have, no issues, trimmed a bit of plastic in the fenders.. Nothing major.