Your Friendly Neighbourhood Dowserman

Dowser

Well Hello all.

Been ages as im sure some of you may have noticed. Life's kept me pre-occupied for the last several months and due to my pleasent 28.8 dial up, visiting the forums everyday has become tedious at best. Takes me 10 minutes to load one topic due to signature pics and so on let alone if someone has a pic in the topic so I just sort of gave up for a bit.

BUT, Times they are a changin.

Thats mainly cause Rachel and I just bought a house in this sh!thole town we're living in. Which is good news...... and horrible news. Good news is cause we'll be off this farm land acreage (which has been nice for many reasons) with Hauled in water, 2 television stations, 28.8 dial up connection, and 7 acres of Lawn to mow twice a week, and into a house in town with cable high speed internet, satellite television, TOWN water and septic, and only a decent sized yard to mow. And Horrible because after a year and a half in this 3500 person red neck poplulated oil and farming community in northern alberta with -50 degree Celcius winters that last 7 months, with no friends or family to vent our frustraitions to, we thought our 2 year sentence was almost up.

Of course though, things change as they always do. We still hate it here that hasnt changed.... in fact, that has gotten more solidified. Some of the other Good news as well is. 1. Rachel and I after a couple years of trying are finally having a baby which due to a rare condition she suffers from made it a very slim chance under the best of situations. (at best a 5% chance during the right time, the right temperature, the right music and aromatherapy candles burning, and some rather interesting positions I didnt know I was flexable enough to preform) *looks around* perhaps thats a little more information then you need to hear. At any rate, we're super excited and she's due on September 2. JUST around the corner. So with a brand new baby on the way in september, her work contract would have gone until January 2008, has now been postponed cause of Mat leave until she returns. Sooooo, we throw another cursed year into the books of living up here.

Some more good news, 2. I graduated from NAIT (Northern Alberta institute for Technology) Top of my class for the 8 month long Pre-Employment to Automotive and Heavy Duty Mechanics Program. I got my first years for both automotive and heavy duty completed and through the course Im able to shave 2 years off of getting dual tickets in the industry. I decided to start with Automotive cause I needed to learn how to fix my own sh!t cause my sh!t always needs fixing, and after I recieve my ticket in automotive, I go back to school for heavy duty, but my first year is already written and I can challenge my second, so I will only need to do my 3rd and 4th for heavy duty. I recieved 3 awards in total which helped me get rid of all those fears I had of returning to school since it had been 10 years since I attended.

And finally. I landed a job at the first place I applied which unfortunately wasnt a Nissan Dealership as the cleset one is an hour and a half away. :thumbsdown: Instead.... I now work at........... *looks around and whispers quietly* a Jeep dealership. hahaha Yep. chrysler, dodge and jeep is whom I'm doing my time with and they've been really good to me so far. The owners a decent guy who has a HUGE car collection including a 1943 Willies I got the opportunity to work on. Probably the only time I'll ever get the chance so it was pretty cool. Its a Military version as well which I learned cause it runs 2 sets of belts unlike hte civilian ones. That was manditory cause they wanted to make sure they always had a back up belt incase one failed. Also found out 2 other tid bits of information i thought pretty cool. 1 was that you can tell if a jeep is a miliary jeep or not cause the refernce to it will be in lowercase form. example. Jp=Civilian and jp=Miltary. and 2. The narrow stance of the jeep was due designed specifically to fit the same width as the horse and buggies of the time so the jeep would use the same trails without trouble. ANYWAY.

Sooooo thats it.... stuck here for another year and a half which im sure will fly by with a screaming baby. Working for Chrysler,Dodge,Jeep and living in a new house which I over paid for cause the market sucks ass. I'll be on more frequently once i take possession of the new house which is in EXACTLY 2 days. Cant Freaking Wait.

There. that should be suficient for my absence for the past few months.

later all.

Dowser

Edited by Dowser

Wow, long time no see :D You sure did wise to make a good big post, not just something like "Hi, I'm back!" :D

Congrats on the baby! :beer:

I dunno... but.. I guess... congrats on the job! :laugh: Have fun! Convert as many JEEPers into our faith as you can :lol:

Congrats on both the house and the baby! :beer: I'm sure you'll teach the little bundle all about the wonders that are the Pathfinder. :aok:

Always great to hear from you man... sounds like you should keep busy, working for chrysler afterall!!

:)

Take care, and looking forward to seeing you around again!!

How's the pig?

Congrats Dowser. My wife and I tried for a few years before she got pregnant. She no longer speaks of it since when we were having trouble with the second one, tests showed that it was her hostile environment rather than my issue. :) Stress was a big factor but you probably know all about that.

Sorry to hear about the job (snicker) but it'll be good to have some income to help take care of al those unanticipated baby things that come up.

Stay in touch now that you're back online.

Well Hello all.

Been ages as im sure some of you may have noticed. Life's kept me pre-occupied for the last several months and due to my pleasent 28.8 dial up, visiting the forums everyday has become tedious at best. Takes me 10 minutes to load one topic due to signature pics and so on let alone if someone has a pic in the topic so I just sort of gave up for a bit.

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=04

You can turn off sig-pics and forum pics in that options...---V

Edited by vengeful
Explanation.

wow! you've had a lOT going on dowser, but looks like things are on the up & up for you both now. Congrats on the baby, AND the new house, AND the new job! great to see you back man! :beer:

Good to hear from you Dowser!! Congrats on the house, child and (snicker) working for jeep. Sounds like a hellish place to live though. Good to have you back soon!

B