How Come Beer Is More Expensive In Cans Than Bottles?

SnakeS

what is your fav beer container?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. container choices

• Bottles
    • Cans
    • Kegs
    • All of the above
    • I don't drink
    • Hard liquor only comes in bottles

Up here in Canada it costs about 3 bucks more to get your beer in a can than a bottle. Why is this? I think they should be the same of course i prefer mine from a can but most of the time it's bottle because of the price difference. WHat's your opinon?

Edited by mzxtreme
poll

^^^ lmao. tsk, tsk but i must agree with pezzy.. who the heck likes caned beer better then beer in bottle? :wacko:

anyway, i am guessing here but i bet aluminum is more expensive then sand right now so that's why beer in cans is more.. is that also the case with soda?

yes they do.. so does XX.

corona_sizes.jpg

------------------^

------------------^

some euro beer doesn't come in cans but most is canned too.. some may not be available here but i am amased everytime i hit my fav liquir store in chicago.. sometimes i buy the canned because there are circumstances where cans are just easier.

I like cans better than bottle. They don't break and they get cold faster.....before you say "yeah, but they get warm faster"....that doesn't seem to be a problem with me since it's seems to magicaly dissapear :shiftyeyes: . You do get a little more in a can if that makes you feel any better.

when i get them in cans it's a treat. But mostly bottle. Soda? wtf is that oh pop yeah it only comes in cans or plastic bottles,now i like it better in a bottle go figure

I agree, beers beer; there's no need to turn ANY away and with the sh!t I buy I don't really care. I think people who "only" drink bottled beer are like people who "only" drink bottled water...what the hells' the point? :crazy: Seems like more of a selling scheme than anything else :wiggle:

I WILL agree however that a Budweiser bottle vs. the same from a can tastes a helluva lot different, not necessarily better.

Here in SD there is no glass allowed on the beach, so we are forced to drink Becks and Pilsner cans....

I prefer a bottle of jack and cans of coke.

Here in SD there is no glass allowed on the beach, so we are forced to drink Becks and Pilsner cans....

I prefer a bottle of jack and cans of coke.

Wrap jack in white towel. place in styrofoam ice chest and cover with ice. You can't see the white towel in the bottom of the chest even if it's mostly water.