Auxiliary Lights Behind The Bumper

WhiteR50

I have a White 2000 R50 and I wanted to add some smaller 100W Auxiliary lights, but I am not sure if I want the Westin light bar. So i was seeing if anyone has put a set of lights behind the bumper so they aren't really visible just functional. Please let me know if you have any info, thanks in advance

Kyle

Edit: I would also be interested in a light that has a black cover so it's not seen until i uncover it.

Edited by WhiteR50

Yeah the hole right in front of the radiator, I'll try and post pics of my progress of the truck soon

Obviously they would have to be smaller or square.

Edited by WhiteR50

Are these driving lights or fog lights?

If driving, they should be as high as possible/legal. Here in BC, that is no higher than the center line of the factory headlights.

If fog, they should be as low as possible, again within the legal restraints. Here in BC that used to be 12", not sure what it is now.

So consider the effort you are going to take to mount your lights and if the stealth look is worth the trade-off in decreased light performance.

My '69 Datsun 510 had both (Cibe) mounted at the legal limits and it was awesome. Of course, it also had quad Cibe/Bosch halogens replacing the factory sealed beams as well. No problems seeing with that that beast. And it passed all the annual vehicle inspections it went thorough too!