Which Parking Brake Cable For 4x4 5sp Disc?

funster

Hi guys,

I'm asking this for my bro who is afraid of computers. He just got a 95 SE 4x4 5sp with the LSD and rear discs. He is damn pleased with his first pathy but the provincial safety inspection is coming due and his parking brake is shot. The mechanic says he needs new rear parking brake cables, but the only place to get em locally is the dealer ($$$$).

I understand these rear parking brake cables are very particular as to disc v drum, 4x4 v 4x2, auto v manual. For example the Raybestos cables say 4x4/AT so they likely won't work on my bros 4x4 MT disc.

I did find Beck/Arnley part 094-1246 and 094-1247. This doesn't say anything about AT or MT. Is this the right part for a 4x4/MT/Disc 1995 pathy? Anyone had to replace these cables?

Also, the mechanic told him the return spring for the parking brake is seized and he'll need a new "parking brake hold down kit". I haven't been able to find such a part online. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

www.rockauto.com

Do a search by the car, then the part needed. The part number below should be the correct one.

Call the tech line if you're unsure but I get parts from them all the time. Good prices and I've never got the wrong part.

BECK/ARNLEY Part # 0941246

Brake Cable, Right Rear;Four Wheel Drive (4X4);Rear Disc Brakes;1 Per Car $40.79

Edited by barthel

Thanks for the prompt responses guys! For some reason Rock Auto only stocks one side of the disc cables, but I found DIYauto stocking both sides and free shipping.

Now I am turning my attention to the "hold down kit". There is a thumping noise coming from the back end over bumps. The mechanic says this is the return spring on the back parking brake not working anymore and that I need a "rear parking brake hold down kit" to fix it (this is for a '95 SE with 4x4, 5sp, rear disc). I have been having a hard time finding such a thing. I see Wagner F108423S, but this has the word "shoe" so i am wondering if it is for the drum brake models? At rockauto there are loads of different springs available... is one of those what I need?

Thanks again for your help guys.

I got lucky with my rear parking brake lines and found them on ebay for cheap! The parking brakes for the rear disk axles are small brake shoes. The only place I can find them was at the dealership. I ordered mine from pinnaclenissan.com