Alternative Fuel E-85

jlg

No they can't...only Nissans that can are Titan's and Armada's...

:clickdalink:

As far as conversons, I think it's been discussed...try a search.

Edited by navygz19

No, they cannot run it.

And I do not know of any conversions available for non-flex-fuel vehicles. You can try searching on Google. I'm sure that the information that is available for other vehicles would be pertinent to the Pathfinder as well.

You could run E85 if you had something like a megasquirt to control the injectors when you were on it. Not really much point since you would consume more E85 from point A to B than you would gas. CNG is cool stuff. I've been looking into that conversion rather seriously. Much cleaner than diesel or biodiesel and will allow you to run crazy compression ratios NA or a nice turbo setup.

hmm...that definitely changes things. DIY moonshine would work very well if you had enough organic product to feed the process. Regardless, you could get a megasquirt setup for about 200 bucks and a set of MSD alcohol rated 40lb injectors for another 300. Throw in a 150 dollar wideband O2 sensor and some tuning time and you'd be rocking. You could put a switch on the megasquirt to switch fuel tables to go from E85 to gas on the same injectors. Factory injectors probably wouldn't like 85% alcohol or flow enough to run it...but the fuel lines and seals should hold up.

The one thing you have to realize about the MegaSquirt system, is that it's totally a custom job. The buyer has to wire and program everything, and it is a real pain in the ass to set up. I did one on my VW, and will never do it again. The pre-wired/programmed units, though, MUCH more expensive, are worth it if you don't have the patience or know-how to set up the MS system yourself.

The one thing you have to realize about the MegaSquirt system, is that it's totally a custom job. The buyer has to wire and program everything, and it is a real pain in the ass to set up. I did one on my VW, and will never do it again. The pre-wired/programmed units, though, MUCH more expensive, are worth it if you don't have the patience or know-how to set up the MS system yourself.

I've built a bunch of them and enjoy it. I do recommend buying the flying lead harness though. That part blows.