Cooling Question

ShadowManR6

What is the hose called that comes out of the top of the thermostat to the outlet in an 87" pathy, checked my chilton and alldata had no luck finding the name.

You mean the by-pass hose? I think this is the one that comes out the thermostat housing..

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail....065&PTSet=A

Not sure if thats the one you are talking about but thought I would give it a try.

-Mike

Edited by MadManMike

well finally got the hose replaced last night, no leak (w00t). But after the truck overheated and started spewing the coolant it started getting a slight chug, now after ive replaced the hose i get a very constant chug, especially with the acceleration of the vehicle which actually causes it to accelerate extremly slowly as well as the loud chugging/vibration it causes, from what i can tell it seems to be coming partially from the muffle but possibly something else is chugging inside the vehicle as well. if i sit idle or accelerate very very slightly and slowly the slight chug is still present but doesn't seem to be quite as heavy as when i full on accelerate.

well finally got the hose replaced last night, no leak (w00t). But after the truck overheated and started spewing the coolant it started getting a slight chug, now after ive replaced the hose i get a very constant chug, especially with the acceleration of the vehicle which actually causes it to accelerate extremly slowly as well as the loud chugging/vibration it causes, from what i can tell it seems to be coming partially from the muffle but possibly something else is chugging inside the vehicle as well. if i sit idle or accelerate very very slightly and slowly the slight chug is still present but doesn't seem to be quite as heavy as when i full on accelerate.

i thought chugging was something you did in a drinking contest? can you give a little more detail... like WHAT is "chugging".... what kind of noise is a chugging noise?

your muffler wouldn't have much to do with any mechanical issue.... if it is shot, then all it will do is sound like ass and make rattling noises

i thought chugging was something you did in a drinking contest? can you give a little more detail... like WHAT is "chugging".... what kind of noise is a chugging noise?

your muffler wouldn't have much to do with any mechanical issue.... if it is shot, then all it will do is sound like ass and make rattling noises

The big diesel motors in locomotives are usually described as "chugging", so that is what I was thinking of. No idea of what it means in a Pathy motor though.

like a loud puffing of air, in short bursts, thub thub thub, more i accelerate faster it thubs. As if i just went through a big puddle of water and it shot up into the engine compartment and got sucked into like the airfilter possibly, but i checked my filter and what not, and no antifreeze color in it whatsoever, what else could have possibly got filled or got water into it? could have gotten on distributer and maybe messed up one the spark plugs?

Edited by ShadowManR6

like a loud puffing of air, in short bursts, thub thub thub, more i accelerate faster it thubs. As if i just went through a big puddle of water and it shot up into the engine compartment and got sucked into like the airfilter possibly, but i checked my filter and what not, and no antifreeze color in it whatsoever, what else could have possibly got filled or got water into it? could have gotten on distributer and maybe messed up one the spark plugs?

Check your oil for water and your anti-freeze for oil. Might have blown a gasket when it got hot.

when we changed out the pipe we checked the oil and wasn't discolored (was told it would be like a milky white if it got mixed) and from the anti freeze that we've seen it all seems to be normal.