2003 Stock Locker (lsd) Rear

RWC5S2

Can the dealer tell you which gears you have and if you have LSD if you provide them with the VIN of the truck?

Mine claimed he could not, but others here have said they could. Best you can do is try.

Easiest way to tell is look at the little metal plate in your engine bay. I usually see it on the passanger side near the fire wall. There's a line that says "Trans. Axle" That will tell you the gearing. If it says HG43 it's 4:3, HG46 then 4:6. If it's 4:3 and a 3.5liter motor, I don't think they made any LSD. Don't quote me.

Last resort, jack up the rear, look for an orange LSD oil only sticker on the back of the diff. Double check by spinning the tires. If you spin one tire and the other goes in the oposite direction, then it's open (no lsd). If they spin in the same direction, you have LSD. Thanks to RWC5S2 and XPLORX4 i've completed my swap from 4:3 open to 4:6 LSD too. Much better lol.

Edited by PDCCD

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine claimed he could not, but others here have said they could. Best you can do is try.

Easiest way to tell is look at the little metal plate in your engine bay. I usually see it on the passanger side near the fire wall. There's a line that says "Trans. Axle" That will tell you the gearing. If it says HG43 it's 4:3, HG46 then 4:6. If it's 4:3 and a 3.5liter motor, I don't think they made any LSD. Don't quote me.

Last resort, jack up the rear, look for an orange LSD oil only sticker on the back of the diff. Double check by spinning the tires. If you spin one tire and the other goes in the oposite direction, then it's open (no lsd). If they spin in the same direction, you have LSD. Thanks to RWC5S2 and XPLORX4 i've completed my swap from 4:3 open to 4:6 LSD too. Much better lol.

Manuals with the 4:3 do have lsd's, at least my 2002 does.